• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here’s an example of how NOT to restore your Ferret

KaiserM109

About a year ago I saw a Dutch truck, about a 1 ton model, that had spare tires mounted in the center on each side. The wheels were not powered, but they turned and would support weight in order to help prevent high centering. Way Cool!!

Does the spare(s) on a Ferret work the same way?

kcimb

KaiserM109 said:
About a year ago I saw a Dutch truck, about a 1 ton model, that had spare tires mounted in the center on each side. The wheels were not powered, but they turned and would support weight in order to help prevent high centering. Way Cool!!

Does the spare(s) on a Ferret work the same way?
Not that I know of, it's just there because it's convenient.

To avoid starting another thread, is there someplace that has the PDF version of the ferret scout car manual? I can't find it anywhere...

6x6pinz

That would be a DAF YA-126 in 4x and DAF YA328 in the 6x. Always wanted one but the parts availability is weak at best and the hurricane 6cyl engine can barely get out of its own way. Still there is just something about the trucks I like. The Netherlands DAF club has a few YA's fixed up in a variety of paint colors that just make me shudder when I see them.

bugei

there is a daf on e-pay right now, what a mean looking beast. it just looks "tough". it has that bull dog jaw thing going on.

it is auction number 200166558122

Attachments

Elwenil

The Ferrari is a photochop. My dream piece of armor is a Panhard VCR in 6x6 form, especially an ambulance version. The middle axle on these will also lift for ease of turning on paved roads.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have to say I don't mind the looks of that Ferret that much at all. It looks like he spent a lot of time doing a good job restoring it overall. He added a bit of chrome and diamond plate to fit his idea what fits him. It only looks superficial anyway, so it can easily be changed by any future owner. I am sure these are more common over there anyways with the fact that they originated there. Being more common gives people a lot more freedom to play with their toys.

That Panhard VCR in 6x6 is awful ugly on the from in the "I want one" kind of way :) I have never seen one of those before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks