• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here is my "NEW" M35A2 ,Is it supposed to whistle?

Elohim1

Its new to me. 1965 actually.

I ended up finding another Deuce and buying it , rather than the one I previously inquired. This one come with the heater, rear tarp and the bows (forgot to get pic of the bows). Its a turbo diesel with 32K miles.

The previous one I drove whistled. I dont here this one whistling. I am assuming the Turbo is working. A friend of mine said if it wasnt working ,It wouldnt run right and it would smoke real bad. However it runs good and smokes about normal, I guess.

Is it supposed to "Whistle" ?

Anybody have any links to some good places to buy parts? I need a cab cover and maybe some more items.

Thanks,

Chris

Here is a link to pics. Whats the big rope, pictured, used for ?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v25/elohim1/M35/

MVtrucker

Most C motors whistle, most D turbos do not. Whistle and non-whistle is all in the design. Look at the data plate on the front right of the motor, below the manifold and you should see what motor you have: LDT-465-1C or 1D.
I just looked at the pics and I see the heater installation is not complete. A duct to an outside mounted scoop (usually on the side panel, but sometimes lower and towards the front) is not there. You'll be pulling air from the engine compartment.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are not familiar with the turbo, this may be good info (PS magazine).
Also keep engine at idle for a few minutes before shutting it down to let the turbo spool down and not run without lube.

Monster Man

cranetruck said:
If you are not familiar with the turbo, this may be good info (PS magazine).
Also keep engine at idle for a few minutes before shutting it down to let the turbo spool down and not run without lube.
that's very interesting, Bjorn, thanks. Did the Army revise their SOP's- I notice it says to warm it up "for about a minute". The MF operator's manual clearly states 5-10 minutes. No way I'd start off after a minute!!!! :nono:

fredrader

Hi All,Yes it is the one that was on Ebay..We went and looked at 2 that day and he wound up getting that one..Now I will probably have to go and buy the 70 AM General we looked at first...They were both the same price but the one chris (elohim1) bought was almost rust free since the guy that he bought it from kept it in a garage since 96...The other one has a lot of rust on the windshield frame and will have to be replaced.....

Elohim1

MV trucker,

Thanks for the heads - up on the heater duct. I will search to see how to properly install. It is a "D" motor . Thanks for the great info!! This looks like a great site!!

I would probably rate this with getting my first car. [thumbzup] I love this truck !! :smilewinkgrin:

If you got any good links, to sources for parts, access.. , etc. I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks