• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here it is!! New Deuce with winch....

As I posted earlier this week, finally got my Deuce after an agonizing six-month wait. To say I am relieved and happy would be a gross understatement.

I was unable to be there when the Deuce was picked up and delivered, but my brother and one of our friends were there to capture the moment with cameras in hand.

The sergeant who helped us throughout the entire process told my brother that the Deuce had been sitting in the yard at least a year and a half, maybe two years. It took all of 3 to 5 seconds to crank up.

The first pic on the right is at Camp Beauregard just after getting it trailered. One hour later, it was sitting in the back yard, as seen in the pic on the left.

Tomorrow my brother and I are going to get more familiar with the operation of this beast, then make sure all fluids are checked / changed, and maintenance performed. Application for the SF-97 is nearly done, so hopefully in a few weeks this thing will be on the road. Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

LC

Attachments

Last edited:

Stan Leschert

Looks nice. Your fun is about to begin. Do the PM's and the go and get it good and dirty.
We would call this "Driver Training, Expedited Course!"

Please do read all aplicable Techincal Manuals, including the General Service Equipment Operators Manual.

Now, GO .... Have FUN!!!

6x6guy

Nice looking truck, and congratulations on the purchase. Now the trials and tribulation will start- don't forget it's a 40+ year
old truck that nobody else wanted in the Goverment. :roll:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Very good. :driver:

Thanks for the good words, everyone. I feel like I got pretty lucky. It would have been nice if it had come with the cargo cover, but hey, you can't have everything, I will get one eventually.

The tires are in decent shape, the engine runs like a champ (and it's a whistler, woo hoo!!!). I was real worried about it sitting for so long.

The only thing that ended up missing were the two D rings on the front bumper and one of the batteries. I wasn't going to complain about a couple of minor items, heck I imagine the battery that got appropriated wasn't in very good shape, the one left is nearly completely shot.

This truck is gonna come in handy. My Dad had a few acres in the middle of nowhere that is completely surrounded by other people's property. The only access is a poorly maintained pipeline right of way. Also, my mother's father had an old farm which is nearly completely overgrown, gonna use the truck to help restore the road on that property. I have a feeling the winch is gonna get a lot of use. :):)

LC

zout

Great pics of your new ride - good looking unit.
Also great news to hear about going over the unit and checking its operational funtions before hitting the road with it [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks