• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here we go again with the H.O.A

Blueduce

When i got into plumbing after i got out of the Air Force a old timer told me " When your a Plumber everyone wants to be your friend when they need something" That quote is 100% true!!!

I dont think anyone called on the truck i think the property manage did a drive by!!
As anal as your HOA seems to be I'm surprised they didn't also cite you for your grass being a 1/4 inch to tall or your yard borders not being edged properly. No BS it happened to my Mother when she moved to Dallas. I went and took a yard stick to the HOA presidents yard and motioned that we cite him at every single HOA meeting for months. I was in his face as a "concerned home owner" every chance I got. They don't bother her anymore and the HOA president always waves and smiles at me.

Remember: Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

I do however agree with a bit of diplomacy before you start to stir the pot.

jpinst

I don't know, I have 3 MV's but don't park any in front of my house….I would not park a giant RV there either.

I am probably going to catch a lot of flak for saying this, but when people make the determination wether or not they can afford to buy something like a boat, part of the cost should include finding a place to store it. If you put it in front of your house, in a nice neighborhood, then it's an eyesore.

OTOH, if you have a lot of land somewhere, then putting it on your property should be no big deal. I think an HMMWV or something in the garage is an entire different story as well, but a 6X6 in the driveway seems like an eyesore, if its a nice and cared for neighborhood. Just my two cents.

Speedwoble

I don't think it says you can't have parked there. It says "commercial vehicles, etc" can only be parked in the driveway or garage, and if parked in the driveway, it can't be parked there more than 24 hrs at a time.

You need to start driving it to work.

Tanner

What are the city laws on parking it on the street? HOA have no authority on a city street.
If it's a street in a private neighborhood, then the HOA - unfortunately - does have a say in the matter.

Ryan77 has a Civilian pickup truck, albeit a large one. It is NOT an RV, snowmobile, commercial vehicle, motorcycle, or OTHER MOTORIZED VEHICLE. But it is parked on the driveway.

HOWEVER - They need to define 'other motorized vehicle', as my interpretation of this is that NO cars/trucks/etc., at all can be parked on the driveway (i.e. - you gotta stash the car/truck/motorcycle/RV/tank/etc. in the garage when not in use). Get them on a technicality & explain that it cannot be a motorized vehicle unless it's electric. It does have an engine, but not a motor... ;)

Time to lawyer-up...

Good luck - again.

'Tanner'

markmontana

What's the big deal? When you move into an HOA, you have the Covenants and Restrictions. Spelled out in Black and White, and in English.

You don't want to abide- then you don't move into the HOA. Once in, you and your neighbors agree to the rules. Freedom and Liberty at it's finest.

If your lifestyle changes after you live in an HOA, you have a choice- move or get yourself elected to the HOA Board and change the rules.

Where's the EASY button?

panshark

you know, if there weren't any laws against owning a duece in a HOA, but people didn't like it, they would draft exactly the same fashion of letter that you got, as soon as they saw another law being infracted. You're watching the left hand talk about the commercial vehicle/rv, but the right hand whispers "it must be on the driveway." See if the problem continues once it is FULLY parked on the driveway. Don't let ol' Rick Stanley psyche you out with this letter.

G-Force

If I lived in your neighborhood and saw your truck in your driveway I would have dropped a dime on you also.....only because I don't have my truck yet and you do!!!!:D
When you moved in you should have been supplied with a copy of the bylaws which are registered at the county seat with your title. Your closing lawyer should have provided them to you at closing. These are the bylaws you need to go by. Alot of places have HOA meetings and create new "LAWS" for the community, BUT, if the bylaw changes have not been filed with the county clerk for the association the "LAWS" they create do not mean anything. At least that is the way my lawyer explained it to me.
I'm the FIRST unit that you see when you turn off the main road into our complex (I have a condo......I know...but at the time I needed a place to live and a tax deduction and it was all I could afford). I am going to have my attorney check the local code to see what it says about putting the truck in my driveway....not that I would ever leave it there long term...but just so I know where I stand.......but I am going to bring it home some day to work on it in my driveway just to see what the reaction is......it should be interesting......I just gotta have my EUC clear first......Oh yeah.....nice truck and house....

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to live in a development of 5acres tracts. There are restrictions and one of those said "No Hotair Balloons".

I just happen to be a hotair balloon pilot. Never did give any of them a ride in the balloon. :D

mudman

"I just happen to be a hotair balloon pilot"...GEEEZ Warthog, Thats a bold statement!!

I would have never ever said that here..Everyone knows how full of "Hot Air" you are..HA HA

Ken

ryan77

Well i called the guy! Hes not in today probably out golfing! At least they didn't complain about the flat deuce tire and extra windshield leaning against the side of the house:whistle:

ryan77

I don't know, I have 3 MV's but don't park any in front of my house….I would not park a giant RV there either.

I am probably going to catch a lot of flak for saying this, but when people make the determination wether or not they can afford to buy something like a boat, part of the cost should include finding a place to store it. If you put it in front of your house, in a nice neighborhood, then it's an eyesore.

OTOH, if you have a lot of land somewhere, then putting it on your property should be no big deal. I think an HMMWV or something in the garage is an entire different story as well, but a 6X6 in the driveway seems like an eyesore, if its a nice and cared for neighborhood. Just my two cents.

My truck is not a eye sore its the most beautiful truck on earth!!!:cookoo:

plym49

Well i called the guy! Hes not in today probably out golfing! At least they didn't complain about the flat deuce tire and extra windshield leaning against the side of the house:whistle:
Darn! We've been dying to find out what happens after you talk to him!

zout

Just gotta say MarkMontana pretty much nailed it on the head - and there are many a threads on here about subdivisions rules and regulations thoughout the country. An so there has been many a replies thoughout the country of what is happening in Chicago.

Unless your rules and reg;s are identical - and you live in the same neighborhood it is all pissin in the wind so to speak.

If you lived there before there was a subdivision and you never signed into anything it might be a whole different story - but its not.

The rules and reg;s were there in the beginning - live within the rules and reg;s or get yourself on the subdivision board and make a difference.

As far as our subdivision ordinances - you do not have to be a member and if your not a member the rest of them folks have no bitch - but guess who they come to all the time for assistance with the pool or other misc items because no one else wants to get involved.

Take your hit - do what you gotta do or move out and look carefully of where you move next - choose wisely.

ryan77

Zout the problem with these subdivision rules, Hoa, etc are the rules are written so vague that they can modify or enforce what ever they dont like. If it said no mv's or bigger trucks etc we wouldnt be having this discussion but when it says, Rv, commercial etc i feel my truck doesnt break any of the rules they have written.

plym49

If it was the guy just driving by and deciding to write a letter, rest assured he did not do any due diligence in terms of reviewing the T's and C's of the HOA bible, state definition of a commercial vehicle or anything else. So a good first step is a polite chat with him, followed by scrutinizing the relevant agreements and definitions.

ryan77

When i talk to him i will be tact full and polite!! Any one that knows me in person would agree im a little rough around the edges. That's why i could never work in a office setting at work!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"I just happen to be a hotair balloon pilot"...GEEEZ Warthog, Thats a bold statement!!

I would have never ever said that here..Everyone knows how full of "Hot Air" you are..HA HA

Ken
Oh so true, and bad breath to boot. Where do you thing I got my name.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hey Ryan....how bout I come up for a vist in the M927 and park it next to your deuce......I think your truck needs a "companion animal".

After they sat side by side the dude might just decide your truck isn't so big after all.rofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hey Ryan....how bout I come up for a vist in the M927 and park it next to your deuce......I think your truck needs a "companion animal".
After they sat side by side the dude might just decide your truck isn't so big after all.rofl
I betcha that would go over like a turd in the pickle jar!!aua