• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Herlong, CA (Sierra Army Depot) to Las Vegas, NV

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a pallet load of 12 HEMTT wheels (20x10) at Herlong, and would like to see if I can get it picked up & transported to Las Vegas, NV or partway and I can pick up outside the depot/along the way back to Vegas. If someone can pick this load up for me & remove it from the base, I'd compensate you & then pick them up the following weekend.

The items are about to be paid for, so the wheels need to be picked up the week of June 10-13, 2013 or June 17-20, 2013.

Shipping details: 1 pallet, with 12 wheels strapped to it. Dimensions: 54" x 48" x 96"(L x W x H). Weight: 3600 lbs (approximate).

Thanks!

Warren
SilverState55

brianp454

I don't think I can help you directly, but I shipped mine through UPS Freight to Portland. It turned out to be more then I'd hoped...

I got 365\80R20 (yes, the metric version of the M35A3 14.5's) MRAP style wheel assemblies with Michelin XZL tires that turned out to weigh in at 355 lb each.

I also had a truck shipped and fared much better than I did with UPS Freight. I contracted Nice Car Auto Transport and got a driver named Kent to actually haul the truck (will send his number in a PM). A key is to give them as much of a flexible time window as you can. I've been told that the auction folks want everything off right away, but will really let it sit longer than they say. I wanted to eliminate any risk of trouble, so I prefer not to push it.