• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Het M1070 unloaded fuel economy

thextremegroup

Hi-Does anyone know what the Het get's unloaded for fuel economy? Need to make a decision on either to pay to transport or have it driven from Wisconsin to NJ.

Thanks for your help!

Pay to have it transported. You will be paying MUCH more if it breaks down 2000 miles from home. That said, 45mph top speed and about 4mpg. I will send a message to a guy I know and try to get a contact # for you for a guy that hauled his from CA to NC

David Moore 717-504-5527
I think he is from PA, and regularly hauls out west. If you can catch him on a trip back he can probably help you out. He hauls military trucks on a regular basis so he knows how to load them.

tim292stro

Not quite an HET, but I have a bus-conversion with a Detroit Diesel 6V92TA (two fewer cylinders than your HET's 8V92T), it gets 7.5MPG down hill with a tail wind @ 26,001lbs (empty). I think if I put more in there, that number would go up (of course uphill would suffer then).

Get it towed/trailered. Newer transport trucks should be able to trailer/tow it for the same cost as your drive in fuel alone, and it won't take up your time. As CBR mentions above, if it breaks on the road, good luck finding your nearest local Oshkosh Defense service depot.

thextremegroup

Thanks for your answers. I am leaning towards having it hauled. Posted it on Uship today to get some quotes and have made some calls to some transport companies that some fellow SS members gave info on.

Hummermark

Hi do you have david mores email if so could you let me know as I need a m1070 moving would like to contact him for a quote thanks

Gunzy

I think 4mpg is hopeful. My friend is getting more like 2 empty and that is keeping it down to 40 mph. Full load is like 1.7 gallons per mile. I would like one but have figured it's more cost effective to borrow my friends. LOL

flashgordon

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401932700.518635.jpg

Use a RGN or lowboy like this.
A step deck will be too high. And on the fuel mileage issue? I was thinking more like 2 MPG!
I have put 500 miles on mine

-FLASH-

HETvet

250 gallons of fuel @ 350 miles per full payload of fuel, as the TM states. I've gotten 268 gallons of fuel on board and was able to get about 400-425 miles out of it. That was jp8 though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks