• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey guy I think I have a head gasket blow out... what do you think

Dblbeard

Not trying to sound like an A**, but I will say it just in case.

****Don't run the engine unless you have to. ****

You probably already know that, but just in case I would hate to see someone run it just thinking it's only an oil leak and I will just clean it up.

Hope everything goes well with the repair.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think both is the clear answer. AND you could have mentioned the sharp popping noise and spraying water from the front of the engine. Fixing an oil leak is one thing, the video shows something completely different.
That is not water pushing out however it is oil. I did not hear that it was making a popping sound until I got everything cleaned up and took the fan belts off. So please we can Monday morning quarter back this all day long.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not trying to sound like an A**, but I will say it just in case.

****Don't run the engine unless you have to. ****

You probably already know that, but just in case I would hate to see someone run it just thinking it's only an oil leak and I will just clean it up.

Hope everything goes well with the repair.
Thank you Yea I figured that much lol, Yea I will keep this thread up dated. Thanks again

The King Machine

Yes mine is doing the same thing but a **** of a lot less, my coolant level is dropping very slowly and none in the oil. While it's running I can see very small bubbles coming out of the front of the head. I will start by checking the torque values on the head bolts. If it still leaks it will be a head gasket job.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea my coolant level is fine I am not loosing any coolant however of-coarse my oil level dropping. Now from what I understand through reading the TM that I all I need to remove is:
1. fuel lines
2. Injectors- I need to mark what injector came from which cylender
3. Breather hose
4. Valve covers- front and rear.
5. Intake manifold- exhaust manifold
6. Then the cylinder head bolts.
Looking through the TM I should not have to mess the with valves or push rods. Someone that has done this before does this sound right? I was also told I need a special tool for a couple of the bolts, is this true?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
not entirely, no need to mark the injectors, they are all the same, just the fitting on #6 for the return line that is different. you will have to remove the rocker arm assymbly and all the push rods. when done you will need to adjust all the valves. don't skip resurfaceing the heads and replacing all the freeze plugs.

RAYZER

Drain the antifreez into a clesn container if your going to reuse it.
Question: when antifreez is drained, will there be any left in the heads that could contaminate the oil when heads are pulled?

Heath_h49008

Drain the antifreez into a clesn container if your going to reuse it.
Question: when antifreez is drained, will there be any left in the heads that could contaminate the oil when heads are pulled?
There will be a lot of crud falling into the block when those heads come off. If you have good oil you wish to save, drain it and set it aside in a covered bucket. Same goes for coolant.

Personally, I would used the old oil and pure water to run up and flush the engine after the job was done, and then when I knew there were no leaks replace the coolant and oil. (Just my methods. Not that I have been prone to fits of destructive rage when I pour fresh fluid in a large project only to find something wrong and that I have just wasted all of my expensive new coolant/oil/freon because something didn't seal right... no.. never because of that.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks