• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey half track guys

lacoda56

Welcome to the site and thanks for the info on the ratios. I agree with you on the modifieds if they're done right. Too often I've seen a perfectly restorable vehicle hacked up with the idea of building a mud truck or whatever. After the owner loses interest, the remains end up on a scrap ship to China. Sounds like you have the right idea and I'd like to see the finished product. I have the trashed remains of an M2 White. I've been thinking about building something runnable and not be too concerned with a restoration. I know the purists will have a fit, but they'll get over it. Good luck with your projects.

AndrewH

In the words of a long time SS member, avid MV collector, and MV user, "It is mine, I bought and paid for it, I will use it how I like. I will douse it with gas and set it on fire if I see fit to."

Modified or not, at least he would be able to use it and people can see it moving. Thats cool. A lot of people would not know the difference restored or modified.

Blythewoodjoe

I have been real busy with work for the last few months and did not notice any activity on this thread. I appreciate the info. I have sat a goal of working on the half track over the Christmas holidays and hope to have it move on it's own power. I don't intend to hack up anything so I can't go back with the original if I can get a working drive train, but it looks like it will be powered with a Ford 351W and a C-6 trans. Why, because I have a truck with with these parts, that's why. Next big purchase will be a new set of tracks. I had a set and had to sell them last year when things got slow. Life goes on. My lose was some Texans gain.

Thanks guys,
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks