• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey looking at buying a M35A2 need help

The G Man

What is a decent price for the following:

One in good shape running?

One in rough shape running?

One not running:

How much more is a winch worth?

Thanks for the help, spent alot of time in these when was in military...I would love to have one for 6 wheeling nothing serious no competition just playing on weekends around farm and use it for parades

WyoDeuce

Do some research in the forums. It has all been discussed before. A truck local to you is worth more. Shipping is $1.50 -$2 per mile. I think private party sale good clean truck, running great and titled should be $5000. With a winch $6500. A rough truck that runs good should be around $3000. I wouldn't sell my trucks for less. Everyone has there own opinion on this subject but that's my 2cents.

sandcobra164

Actually sounds about right for private party trucks, the winch is coveted and adds anywhere from $1500 to $2000 on a good truck. At auction, good luck, they go for lower but the GL cameramen know how to photograph around the bad stuff like a rod through the side of the block. Preview in person is the lesson of the day when dealing with them. The ad might even say "starts and runs" but they leave out that it leaks oil like crazy due to the window in the block and the motor running on 5 cylinders. I'm going private sale next time around.

Oilleaker1

From what I've seen lately, GSA, GL, dealers, private owners, rough not running 500.00-1000. rough running, 700.00-2000.00, good shape running, 1200.00-8500.00. Winch seems to add 1000.00, Hardtop, add 1000.00, This is what I've seen from either auction results or asking prices. The end actual price is all over the map. Things which make a difference are location, hauling distance, with or without title, and condition and options on the truck. The number of trucks available at a location also makes for more or less bidding wars. Private owners or dealers doing the bidding etc. Everyone wants what they want, and if you don't have to hassle with the red tape, haul it, fix it, buy more options seperate, all factor in the price. So, you might as well get one soon, cause when the glut of National Guard surplus trucks is gone, it's up and away with the price. My 2 cents as I see it. You Do Need One!!!!! I'm already committed on one and am anxious to get it. :drool: John

kipman

2000-3000 for a decent truck, 4500 for a decent winch truck, 4500-8000 for a truck that has it all, go private if you do not have the ability to deal with the recovery and GL.

RAYZER

be patient and look around , a good deal might come your way, i got lucky and found a jewl for $2500.00, drove 400 miles round trip to put a deposit down and 400 mile round trip to pick it up and drive it home, its a good runner in real good shape and has brand new tires. gota be in the right place at the right time.good luck.

Attachments

deuceman51

I agree with the prices. $1500 extra for a winch and at least $300 more for hardtop. I sell my tested and serviced deuces starting at 5K with a limited year warrenty and service. I also have trucks that are in a little rougher shape and sold as is for $2500. Trucking is a huge expense, but buying from the private sector will eliminate auction suprises.

bassetdeuce

GL is always chock full of surprises. Usually you are very limited in how much you can preview (just a look over, no starting, no test drive). Ya need to have a backup plan when buying from them. At least with private party, you can take your time and carefully look over your purchase. The private sale prices quoted above are right. If I were closer to him, I would buy from deuceman51, because he actually services/fixes the trucks. He's got the best price on filters too.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prices for deuces on GL locally have increased 50-75% in the last year. Good running deuces without a winch are auctioning for over $2K, and one shop van with new paint recently went for $4K on GL. You often hear from the people who have good luck buying from GL, but you rarely hear the horror stories, because people have a tendency not to admit they made a mistake, or were rooked. I think that false rosey picture has driven the prices up, and a lot of people will be disappointed.

I've had two deuces damaged by GL after the sale fotos were taken (fenders, bumper, mirrors, hood, etc), and one trailer had a tire punctured by a forklift after I previewed and won the auction while waiting for the EUC. Even if GL notes that a truck starts and runs, the truck can still have bad brakes, bent drive shaft, missing or broken gauges, leaking air system or bad compressor, broken transmission or transfer case, bad bearing seals, etc.

A premium paid for a private sale is well worth the money.

Heavysteven

I bought from GL was lucky I got the truck that runs. This was an act of stupidity on my part, pure luck I got a good truck. I'm not trying to scare you away for GL becuase it's a bargin but there is 2x the amount of risk. A private party sell would allow a test drive at least.

Good luck

paulfarber

If the GL numbers are still on the truck then I would not pay significantly more than GL prices.

I have been looking and few of the private owners I have spoken with lead me to believe they are doing nothing more than flipping a truck... so now you have the expense of the SF - Title hassle PLUS markup. NONE of the people I have spoken to would produce receipts for fluids/filters..... yet trucks are 'serviced' :/

Given two equal trucks, I would buy off GL, eat the towing and go from there. A private seller most likely is gonna charge you auction price + GL premium + towing and you STILL have title, ride home, fluids/filters PMs.

You can save that sellers markup.. and you are gonna have to deal with maintenance anyway... so get started by doing it yourself.

Last edited:

gtsig

I would say buy one from a private sale and then get one from GL to have for parts or have a friend with a deuce that will help you and then you can buy one from GL and if something goes wrong and it's not working you can have it for parts for then next one and also sell the parts.
Well that is my plan to buy one good one and then get a second one for parts or a fixer upper and go from there. I want to have one as a good working & one for parts. If you have land it's good to have an extra one so if something breaks you have the part right there also after the first one you will want more.
Good luck and post pictures soon as you get one

gtsig

I would say buy one from a private sale and then get one from GL to have for parts or have a friend with a deuce that will help you and then you can buy one from GL and if something goes wrong and it's not working you can have it for parts for then next one and also sell the parts.
Well that is my plan to buy one good one and then get a second one for parts or a fixer upper and go from there. I want to have one as a good working & one for parts. If you have land it's good to have an extra one so if something breaks you have the part right there also after the first one you will want more.
Good luck and post pictures soon as you get one