• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HH problems button is stuck

gtmustang196767

Hey guys how ya doin, ive been working on a 74 m35a2 for a week or two now, found the shutdown rod was seixed fixed that problem, andafter that she would start and runaway, going into it futher the button in my hydraulic head is definitely seized and now moving, also when i took the twelve point bleeder bolt out of the HH a tiny little spring fell out, and from what i have read that means my "button" in the HH has fallen off is this true? really wanna get this thing running for my boss asap so please any immediate feedback is greatly appreciated also this is a great website! so glad its here lol

Jeepsinker

That 12 point bolt should never be removed. If it does go back in and doesn't leak, leave it alone.

Since the truck is running, that means that the button is fine, no problem there. It is running away when you start it because you didn't get the shutoff lever back in the slot in the shutdown collar.

gtmustang196767

well i was working on truck today and the shutdown rod is working fine, while cranking if i pull it out you notice immediate fuel loss and she starts to crank slower, today she would roll over and but wonr run away and wont run, i think i can get the 12 point bolt and spring back in no problem, i guess i misinterpreted an older post, are you talking about the tiny hammer shaped pin on the end of the shut down rod?

gtmustang196767

I instaled it at the 4 5 o clock positon and it went right in, didnt seem like it wasnt in correctly i also lined the pin up with the slot in the ip, Also With the switch on im getting fuel pumping into the return lines is that normal? my button in the head does not go up and down while cranking, i do get fuel to the injectors, but she really doesnt wanna start

gtmustang196767

well im in trouble now, i lost he little hammer head piece!!!>!>! Darn you were right it wasnt engauged properly and when i did get it enganged it went from like a 7 o clock to 11 o clock position so i slid it back out and poof it fell, where can i get one??

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepsinker

rofl

Told you that was your problem. Pete will hook you up with one.
A tiny bit of grease will help keep the replacement on the shaft. Usually they end up on top of the steering box or on the inside edge of the framerail.

Last edited:

gtmustang196767

Well much appreciated guys, if you could help get me in contact with Pete that would be great, I checked the steering box and frame but no luck also searched the ground with a magnet for a good while and nothing it is dark out but I think it disappeared but thanks again and thanks in advance for Petes info

Jeepsinker

You know, I started typing James, then deleted it and typed Pete... this happens when I have a bad head cold. Sorry James.

You need to pm Floridianson, that is James.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM sent

I don't know Garrett who should be insulted more, me for you thinking I was Pete or Pete for you thinking it was him instead of me. Pete is the tall one I am the good looking one.

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK your pin is in a Get Well card that was mailed. I do think you need to look into where the fuel control goes and make sure the plunger sleeve is sitting on the bottom. Also look in there and see if the pin is stuck in the sleeve.
It cost a stamp to send it so you are good plus I think some of us might have driven you over the edge as you were already going NUTS looking for the pin. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

gtmustang196767

Thanks James I really appreciate it, also thanks for the freebie you guys are awesome, I did check the plunger today and it moves freely but I don't think it was down all the way it def is now, hopefully when I get the pin it will be time to rock and roll, I'll let ya guys know and thanks again! Merry christmas

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks