• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi everyone Newbe trailer hunter

bigbe5678

:carnac:
Hi Everyone I don’t own any military equipment yet but hopefully that will change. My father use to deal with the DRMO back in the early 70s. I remember getting the crude pan flit with the black and white pictures of jeeps deuces,mules you name it. Then one day a book about 1 inch thick around the end of the Vietnam War. It had tons of equipment. The only catch was that you had to go to Southeast Asia to pick it up(I’m sure now some of us would do it ) one thing I remember they had brand new Pizza ovens mounted on backs of pickup trucks. Iwas in High School and I used to beg my father to bid on a jeep or a deuce but he was a combat engineer in the Alabama National Guard in Korea and worked on the equipment in the Korean winter and swore he never do it again. He used to bid on the field stoves and kitchen equipment. Back then the stoves were brand new still in packing He would turn around and sell it to catering companies, Anyhow good memories of going to Bayonne NJ navy yard to pick up equipment. I used to seeing a big warehouse full of trucks and jeeps that were covered in about ½ inch of dust, must have been sitting there for years. You guys seem to be a bunch of fine fellows nice to see people help each other out . Best to all Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks