• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from Easton, Pa

Smier

I'm Scott from Easton, Pa. I just purchased an m101a2 from GL last week, so I joined this site so I could gain access to all the great info on here! I'm preparing to go pick my trailer up later this week, and I'm trying to get everything lined up and ready to go ahead of time. I actually found this site originally because I'm an active member on ck5.com and I have a love for the military blazers. I'm currently fixing up a '91 blazer and started looking for a trailer to eliminate the need for a pickup... and that is how I became the new owner of a 1989 Kasel Manufacturing m101a2!!! I paid $320 for it, and the more I have found out about it the more I like it. I think it will serve me well for many years to come. So the big question now is, do I paint my blazer to match my new trailer?

mikes47jeep

welcome to SS, and hi from another pennsylvainian, im just outside of scranton.

you have come to the right place for military vehicles, 1 big thing youll learn quick here is,

SEARCH!! the old posts first, 9 times out of 10 you'll find the anwser to your questions

again welcome and have fun

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohhhh no, painting a civvy Blazer just won't do!!!!

Start you search for a CUCV M1009 Blazer from GL. You know it's the right truck to pull your trailer: It's slow, smelly and green! don't fight the urge, it's OD fever!!!

Welcome Scott and best wishes with your new addiction!

Rick

Smier

Welcome to the site, my parents live in Forks Twp.
I live right by Lafayette College, but I'll be storing this gem at my inlaws house... Tomorrows the big day!!! I've got my paperwork ready, scheduled my apointment to go on base and pick her up, and I'm armed with 12 volt bulbs and a civi trailer harness to wire up quickly! So glad I found this site and it's wealth of info. I would have been in trouble trying to get the lights working... Quick question, I'm picking up a pintle receiver, I'm primarily going to be towing this beast with my '91 Blazer which is currently stock height. Should I get a drop/lift receiver with adjustable pintle height, or just stick with the straight bar pintle? Unfortunately I didn't have time to order one and save some money... So the adjustable mount version is going to cost me $$$!!!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
You should be fine pulling it with the blazer,Is it a full size blazer.It might sit a little low in the front.

Srjeeper

Howdy......

Welcome aboard Scott....just up the road from ya in Monroe County....come on up to Gilbert, Sept. 23 & 24 to the Redball Military Show & Swapmeet, you'll be glad ya did!!

2011 Gilbert Info

:driver:

Smier

Yes, it's a full size blazer. I was looking at some pics of m1009's pulling these trailers, and my receiver sits a couple inches lower than the pintle setup on the m1009's. I'm just going to have to lift the truck and put bigger tires on to make it level out, hahaha!!! I'm not to worried about it handling the weight of the trailer, I've been upgrading and beefing up the drivetrain of this blazer for a few years now. I'm not going to be hauling much weight in it anyhow. I'll be bringing it home tomorrow with my Durango, my old receiver hitch on the blazer was shot, and I haven't gotten the new one on it yet. I've got the Durango loaded up with all my tools and ready to go, and I'll take lots of pics. Just wish I was towing her home with the Blazer...

HAWKMAN

Welcome from Reeders/Pocono's, this is a great site for info or just to hang and meet some top shelf people. Also if your making a civy truck to look GI make sure you take ALL the chrome off cause MV's don't got chrome...lol...:-D:-D

daddy2

Welcome Scot, I live in Easton, south side. If you need help let me know. I love tinkering with the welder machine. I've been working on the m36a2 camper.

Smier

Thanks, I'll have to come check it out! Well yesterday went almost flawlessly, with the exception of some rain while I was swapping light bulbs and wiring in a four pin connector for the trailer lights. The trailer is in great shape, with only a little surface rust on the frame. So glad for all the info on this site, I would have never figured out the light bulbs were 24 volt... The trailer came with all 5 bows and a nearly perfect top that after a good scrubbing by my kids cleane up really well. Trailer tires have a ton of tread, but I can see signs of dry rot starting, not a big deal to me, I had planned on replacing them anyway. The trailer pulled nice and straight, even the surge brakes seemed to work well. I am thrilled with this purchase, we will get many years of use out of this thing!!! I took some pictures, I'll have to post some up soon. Thanks again!!!

Rhodanish

Hey gang I also just bought my first m35a2 its a non winch truck, and since i just got stuck up in freeland and after 2 wreckers and my buddies winch on his jeep ( plus 400 bucks) i think a winch will be my first upgrade lol. but I love it & always wanted one I'm up in the Poconos (by big boulder) and hope to see some of you in Gilbert!! I used to be a Humvee mechanic at tobyhanna army depot. But there's still alot of helpful info here.

Coal Cracker

Hey gang I also just bought my first m35a2 its a non winch truck, and since i just got stuck up in freeland and after 2 wreckers and my buddies winch on his jeep ( plus 400 bucks) i think a winch will be my first upgrade lol. but I love it & always wanted one I'm up in the Poconos (by big boulder) and hope to see some of you in Gilbert!! I used to be a Humvee mechanic at tobyhanna army depot. But there's still alot of helpful info here.

Should have asked the board for help,,I'm 5 miles away, glad you're out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks