• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi from Texas

5tonsafun

My husband went to a local ranch auction and came home with 2 trucks. I don't mind, I actually think they are WAY cool...but don't tell him that :wink:. Anyway, found this place while searching for info on them and decided there was "tons" of info on here that would be helpful. He wants to bob one of them, no plans have been made for the other as of yet. One is a 1970 and the other is 1984, as far as I can tell they are both 818's. Please forgive me if I get any of this wrong, remember I am new :D

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a big gathering the 1st weekend in May at the Temple Air Show. Go ahead and put it on your calendar.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from El Paso. I bought my first green machine from Ft. Hood and am in Killeen regularly visiting my daughter. Military trucks.com on 183 in Liberty Hill has a ton of parts and is constantly bobbing trucks.

5tonsafun

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have been reading some posts and there seem to be a BUNCH of Texas folks on here. Not much progress has been made on the trucks, this is the time of year I take lots of vacation time so the monsters aren't getting any work done but we have been playing with them in the pasture. I never thought I would like them this much, lol.

Another Ahab

There's a thread working on-site here by ColdWarrior about Texas activities that you might want to subscribe to:

- "Subscribe" = under "Thread Tools" on the top right of the heading bar of every thread.

- Can't recall the name of that thread right now, but if you search "Texas" you might find it (and also you might not; I got no love lost between me and search engines).

- Or maybe somebody here who knows it offhand can point you in the right direction; it's a quick way to know who's who and what's going on in your neck of the woods.

Last edited:

Blueduce

Welcome from the DFW area. If your hubby is still considering doing the bobber job to one or both rigs. There is a guy here in my neck of the woods that does that for a living. Not that far away and a wealth of info, tips, and tricks. Let me know if you would be interested in his contact info as he is not an SS member..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks