• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi. Have a quick question and assistance

Humvee23

Hi

New to the forum. Purchased a 1999 custom Humvee in the avatar. Haven’t drove it much but noticed a small oil leak from the passenger side of the engine. It is toward the middle front. Will take a picture when I have a moment. is there a common oil leak from that area for these vehicles? I am not a mechanic but can do basic repairs.

thanks in advance.

diesel_dave

Hi

New to the forum. Purchased a 1999 custom Humvee in the avatar. Haven’t drove it much but noticed a small oil leak from the passenger side of the engine. It is toward the middle front. Will take a picture when I have a moment. is there a common oil leak from that area for these vehicles? I am not a mechanic but can do basic repairs.

thanks in advance.
I would almost be more surprised if a 23 year old engine wasn't leaking somewhere. Sounds like maybe leaking from where the fuel pump is or possibly the valve cover. Is it something you can live with or are you wanting to dig into it?

Humvee23

I would almost be more surprised if a 23 year old engine wasn't leaking somewhere. Sounds like maybe leaking from where the fuel pump is or possibly the valve cover. Is it something you can live with or are you wanting to dig into it?
Hi
I can live with it, unless it leads to major issues down the road.
thank you for your reply.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the madness!

Your local NAPA or a real parts store can help with the dye locally as it might save you a few shipping $ and time They also make a coolant and transmission version.

I always like to gunk and degrease a new to me vehichle so it is easier to find "fresh" leaks. Sometimes oil can run and drip from further away. My 6.2L has a small leak from the front oil pan seal but it is not bad enough for me want to tackle it. Transmission and transfer case cooling lines also come to mind on the right side.

Getpro56

Unless it is coming out of your exhaust manifold, I wouldn't worry about it. I got 2 small leaks on mine that randomly show up but its never enough to cause a drop to fall on the ground. I just accept it and move on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks