• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi! New here from Ohio

maybefixit

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Stretch44875 for suggesting I post a separate thread.
I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank all of you for the information on this site. I'm toying with the idea of getting a MV, but haven't quite put the cash behind a purchase yet.

I've owned 2 4x4's so far, a '84 Ford Bronco which I salvaged from a junkyard, and a '94 Dodge Dakota that I bought new. Unfortunately the Dakota passed on at 191,000 miles young.

I'm amazed that a Deuce could potentially be within my financial means, and the information on this site has been a real help regarding the chance to own one. I've gotten a much better understanding of how large and capable a machine that is, and the safety aspects of such a beast.

I may look at a CUCV for a first rig, partly if I can get it at the right price, and partly because it would fit my parking situation a little better. I fondly remember being able to get a lot done with only 1450lb of bed weight available, 5/4 would be a real advantage.

I'm glad to have found such a good group, and hope that I can be of some help in any possible way.

In the Ohio area, I'd like to offer that I have diagnostic gear for the 83-up computer controlled vehicles, including the new OBD-II cars / trucks. I know that doesn't do much in the MV arena but sometimes keeping a towing rig or daily driver running, helps keep the budget open for new toys :)

Also I have Chilton's manuals covering just about all years from '45 up, and the oldest one I have covers the Willys Jeeps, so if you need me to look up something just let me know.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Woohoo, we now have a member in Hamiltucky. I'm just down in Cincy, let me know if you have any questions I could help with. Some of us are getting together for Celebrate America day in Burlington Ky this weekend. You should try and show up.

oilcan

We're really gonna have to hold an Ohio get-together sometime. It seems this state is sloppin' over with steel soldiers!

Welcome to the club, and be advised there is no cure...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, another buckeye member. Welcome aboard from a displaced buckeye! You are in a good area as lots of folks from the north and south around you and you're close to Haspin Acres. Check in with members Junkyardwarscrusher, gimpyrobb, docfarmall, jw4x4, oifvet and a bunch more I can't think of. Wish I could move back and get out of this heat. The only thing I have to look forward to are hurricanes.

rockman

Welcome too from a former Akron and Canton resident. You have a couple of good suppliers with SamWiners in Akron and Adlemans in Canton.

Bill

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: Hi! New here from Ohio

maybefixit said:
Thank you for the invite, gimpyrobb! I doubt I'll be able, I have a nephew's birthday party, but I hope the weather is nice for you this weekend.
The Saturday after, we are going to Harley dealership opening. Let me know if you want to stop by. :twisted:

m35a2cowner

Welcome to the addiction

Great to hear from a new Ohio member. Everyone here is so helpful and genuinely good peopled. I have had nothing but great experiences on the site. Welcome

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Welcome to the addiction

Gimp,

What HD dealership? You going to Middletown in two weeks?

steve

Oh yeah I forgot, I know maybefixit from a former mutual employer although he is modest he is a highly skilled individual whom I respect for his technical abilities.

(now he can pay me $5 for that one.)