• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi Speed Blowout and other Fun!

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have too I had not 1 but 2 M35A2'S peel a recap on the right front at 55 mph (before caps were out lawed on steering) I did see a safety poster we had in our shop that showed one that lost axle, but the truck also rolled over.

I bet this guy had to take a very LONG shower too.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one too but only at 35-40 and on a dirt road. This is ONE of the reasons I sold my truck. At least the truck above had power steering, there was some control before wadding it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had noticed that truck in its auction.

I had considered some various scenarios that could have caused that steer axle separation.

My conclusion was that the truck looks better than the driver's hemorrhoids probably do.

PUCKER FACTOR 17 on a scale of 1-10.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a 11.00-20 blow out on the right front of a M135 long ago. At 55 mph the loud bang scared the heck out of me but controlling the truck to the side of the road was no problem. The tire was completely shredded.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Wow. I hope the driver was ok.
It looks like the vehicle left the road and hit a culvert or some such object that sheared off the front axle.
We had a similar accident where the driver fell asleep and did the same type damage.
I bet the poor guy suffered an "explosive defecation incident".

Jeepsinker

Fuel tank, fenders, nose panel, wheels, exhaust.... Everything says it isn an A3. I agree the hood looks wierd, but conclude that it must just be the picture.

jasonjc

I had a 11.00-20 blow out on the right front of a M135 long ago. At 55 mph the loud bang scared the heck out of me but controlling the truck to the side of the road was no problem. The tire was completely shredded.

I had a 12.50R20 blow out at 55 on the right front. I too had no problem controlling the truck and pulling it over and stopping it. The tire well what was left of the tire, was wadded up around the rim.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is an A3. I bid on that truck until it hit the $3,000 mark. It even had damage to the transmission from the accident.

EDIT: fat fingers hit the wrong key. I quit at 2,000.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks