• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi Yawl from South Carolina

Humpy

Was surfing around looking for military generator information (I have a MEP017A) and was thinking of getting a MEP018 though data plate says SF10.0-MD which appears to be the same unit?

Guy that has it says he has no spark so figures the magneto has gone South. Also read here about problems guys have had with these units. Since the unit was made in April 69 by Jeta I am just wondering if I should stay away from it? The only thing I know about it that is good is that it is on a 3/4 ton trailer at this writing. I have a pintle hitch for my HD2500 so getting it home is no problem. The generator thing is just a interest at this point as I am wanting to get prepared for another ice storm like last winter when we were down over 5 days with no power. I had a 3500 watt generator then and it barely got us through (no frills) and we did not lose any food. Now I have a 7.5KW Onan Propane I am hooking to a 250 gal tank before winter and the MEP 017A and a Devilbliss PowerBack 5250.

I was also a proud owner of a M37 and a M38 in a past life and have been known to utilize a T10, M1 Garand, Carbine, M1911A1 etc.

I have a fairly well equipped shop so I can do a lot of my own work, lathe, mill, vertical band saw, stick/acetylene, arbor press, drill press, gantry and a backhoe which really comes in handy unloading heavy stuff I bring home.

My main specialty is small arms field as I worked for the Army Small Cal Weapons Lab (Picatinny) and was Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director at Aberdeen Proving Ground and long time competition shooter.

Glad I found you guys.

FloridaAKM

Welcome aboard & enjoy your stay. Bring your expertise to share with those who need it & gleen what youy need from the rest of us. There are some very good guys here that have a large database of usefull knowledge & then we have access to all the TM's...