• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"High 5"

4x4e350

Is the official name of my new truck!!!!
I'm finally a MV owner, and even if I need to get the truck home in pieces, I just can't help but be stoked about my new baby!!!!!!!!
Lansing, Mi. Event 5464 Lot 5605.
Now the paper work and wait. I am currently waiting on my M105 EUC to clear, which will work out great. When I go to recover my trailer, I can check out the M818 real well.
If anyone already has info., I would appreciate it.

Jimma

Contact Cessnatwin on here. He is my brother and has two of them. He knows everything about them and is a mechanic that has done a lot of custom things to his trucks. He will be a big source of info as he torn his down, customized them, and added a lot of cool features.

Jim

Preacherboy

Welcome! I really wanted one of those trucks that went out of Lansing yesterday, they looked good and for a great price! Glad to hear a collector got one of them, the tires alone are worth about what you paid for the whole truck.

Another thing you could do is bring the truck or just bring yourself if your paperwork hasn't cleared yet to the military vehicle show that our church is hosting in Fenton, MI on Nov. 13 from 11-3. I know that there will be at least one m818 there already.

4x4e350

You might get lucky and have both EUCs clear at the same time.
That would be too convenient, I never get that lucky. Would be great.:jumpin:

Welcome! I really wanted one of those trucks that went out of Lansing yesterday, they looked good and for a great price! Glad to hear a collector got one of them, the tires alone are worth about what you paid for the whole truck.

Another thing you could do is bring the truck or just bring yourself if your paperwork hasn't cleared yet to the military vehicle show that our church is hosting in Fenton, MI on Nov. 13 from 11-3. I know that there will be at least one m818 there already.
The trucks looked real nice, and like you said, I thought the same thing about the tires.:mrgreen:
I would love to bring my son out to Fenton, and see the other MV's. My folks live in Frankenmuth, and my Dad may like to see that also (Korean Veteran). I will plan on attending either with or without the truck. Do you have more info?

4x4e350

EUC sent to Battle Creek, so now the wait.

Just a few questions I have.

Will I need insurance for the truck, if I drive it home about 80 miles? I have heard that on a newly bought vehicle, you are covered in Michigan to get it home. Being a No-fault state????

When I get the truck, I have to apply to GL with the SF97 for the title, is this all I have to do? If I bring the completed SF97 to Sec of State, and get a title, will I get charged sales tax again?

blybrook

EUC sent to Battle Creek, so now the wait.

Just a few questions I have.

Will I need insurance for the truck, if I drive it home about 80 miles? I have heard that on a newly bought vehicle, you are covered in Michigan to get it home. Being a No-fault state????

When I get the truck, I have to apply to GL with the SF97 for the title, is this all I have to do? If I bring the completed SF97 to Sec of State, and get a title, will I get charged sales tax again?
I used to live in Michigan and it was no-fault before I left. You can move a vehicle one time without tags (directly from the place of purchase to home), but you do need something from your insurance company that says you are covered. I remember calling my company to get a one time moving certificate until I had the title in hand for a non-mv I purchased many years ago. They didn't have any problem doing this for me. Even with a no-fault state, the one that doesn't have an insurance card is nailed for being at fault; even if not in the vehicle. My neighbor got nailed for that when someone hit his parked car in a storage lot.

After you get the truck, you can request the sf-97, wait 30 days; then go visit Sec of State to get your title. Take your invoice with you showing that you already paid the sales tax and they may let you get away from paying it again; I think there was a form for it. I don't know for certain on what the state will do on this though. A call to their hotline or a visit to their website may clear up this question.

HTH

Preacherboy

If you already paid sales tax, which they will take it out since you are from MI and bought the truck in MI...you will not have to pay again.

Take SF-97 and whatever other papers they give you to SOS and they will issue you a title. I did call my insurance company and told them what I bought and made sure that I was covered, they faxed a paper to me and I took that and the paid in full invoice with me to show that I was just picking up the truck.

The military vehicle show is in Fenton, MI at the First Baptist Church on Saturday Nov. 13 from 11AM-3PM. There will be free food and this an event to honor our veterans. Get off US-23 and head into Fenton. The church is on N Leroy stree between Silver Lake and North roads, the address is 860 N Leroy. The church number is 810-629-9427 if you have any more questions.

I have a separate thread on that too if you want to ask more questions there.

4x4e350

You will love your 5 ton,its worth the wait.
I actually decided on a 5 Ton after seeing what you did with yours. I printed off a picture of your truck, and it is hanging in my garage for inspiration.
My plan is to remove one of the rear axles, but keep the duallys with the T831's, just to new to not use. I also have a M105 I should be getting soon, that will be a parts donor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks