• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High altitudes for 923 a2

square D

My son and I are picking up a nice franken cab 925a2 in salt lake next week and driving it back to Tennessee
I was wondering if I should be concerned about the high temps forecasted
I'm also routing the trip through the high country in Colorado and was wondering how well those trucks handle the altitude 12000ft I hope the turbo is enough. Any tips or tool ideas to bring would be appreciated
thanks

MtnSnow

The Turbo motor will be a help vs the NA motor of the earlier models. As far as temps my trucks have been handling the temps we have been having without issue. Since I have not driven mine at 12k altitudes I can not say how much performance will be lost but it will be much less than the NA motors!

Enjoy your new toy and safe travels!

mcmullag

Three summers ago, I picked up a M923a2 from Nellis AFB next to las vegas. Drove it straight back with help of friend 17 hrs non stop to Colorado Springs via UT and over hwy 70 across CO. No problem. we went thru the Eisenhower tunnel at 11,000 ft at 2 in the morning. The days were over 100 at that time in NV and UT but it was 40 degrees at 2 in the morning up high in CO. Note how wide the front of the truck is, its for holding a huge radiator, remember these things operated all the time in the Mideast. Going up the steep mountains on interstate 70, we were bogged down to 40 mph but tractor trailers are doing 15 mph on those hills. Best of luck. altitude and heat should be no problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks