• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Back Seats for M1009 recommendations

Hal O'Peridol

Go to a junk yard, look for a 1996 Chevy 1500 extended cab 3 door, and pull the seats out of it. Now ypu have two options, drill two to three new holes in the floor boards of your truck to mount the 1996 seats and frames, or unbolt the 1996 seats and bolt them to the original M1009 frames.

Seats on original frames, good.......no new holes in truck, bad seat height taller.

Seats on 1996 frames, good...........appx same seat height as before, bad, new holes in truck.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found some in an Astrovan in the junkyard. Front bolt holes align but had to drill the rear holes. Bonus: armrests.

These seats sit up higher than my flattened originals by two inches or so. They also do not slide rearward quiet as far, so they may not work for a taller person. I didn't notice any way to get the seats off the frames but I didn't look too hard.

Attachments

richingalveston

I have the 87 suburban seats in my 1009. they are on the cucv seat bases. I actually raised mine an inch with spacer rail. backs are little taller and have armrest, base is wider and much more comfortable

Attachments

cucvrus

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg002.jpgI installed 2015 Chevrolet Express van seats in Terminus M1009. hey were a direct fit with the OEM seat risers and NO holes had to be drilled. I opted for the vinyl seats vs the cloth seats because I knew they were going to get exposed to a lot of mud and dirt as I only use Terminus M1009 as an OFF ROAD vehicle. This set up serves me well. And they are very inexpensive if you live near a custom van or bus company. Good luck with your choice. If it were me I lay flat bar 1/4" X 2" on the floor and mount that and then drill and mount your seats to the flat bar. Beats drilling more holes in the floor pan. Even Terminus M1009 has NO extra holes drilled in the floor. These are very comfortable and supportive even under extreme conditions. And I can wash out the inside with a hose. I think they have arm rests. I never took notice. No arm rests. I really don't need them in this application.

cucvegas

Sharecropper, Do you have any pic's showing how you mounted them? I've searched online and can't find anyone selling them. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sharecropper, Do you have any pic's showing how you mounted them? I've searched online and can't find anyone selling them. Any suggestions?
Not wanting to hijack this thread, so I will simply say I documented my seat install beginning at post #168 of my rebuild thread. My apologies to the OP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks