• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Park Fire, CO

ronfry261

Hey All,

Its been a long time since I posted. The High Park Fire broke my heart here in Colorado. Attached are some pics of my XM211 and my M101A1 after the fire roared thru my property on Sunday night, June 10th. Yeah, we lost almost everything, but the house is rebuildable, the stuff is replaceable. My XM211 is gonna be really hard to replace. She was 100% reliable, strong as **** and an absolute joy to own and drive. I am going to miss her something fierce.

Check out the close up of the M101A1. The springs are toast. The fire was hot enough to melt the tranny case and transfer case out of my '92 Chevy 1 Ton Truck.

Ron

Attachments

Glad you got out ok. I have friends in Manitou and Colorado Springs that had to evacuate. The smoke is so bad you cant even see Pikes Peak. I wish I was there cause I would love to fight some fire!

Ronfry-im not sure what, if any assistance I could be but I just moved back to the springs. Let me know if there is ANYTHING we can do to help. I don't report to work until 10 July so let me know...we're standing by for evacuations as well, for the Waldo Canyon fire here in manitou springs. The smoke is horrendous at my house

Last edited:
Yes my condolences im sorry u have lost everything but im glad to hear you and your family made it out ok as for your military Trucks and Equipment Im postive u will find something might not happen overnite might not happen this week but u will eventually find another truck my friend OD green is a disease which doesnt stay away long I wish you luck my friend and god bless :]:wink:

waayfast

Sorry for your loss!! That is a sad,terrible sight--but glad YOU and yours are okay

Reminds us that our fire season is just about here as well------------

Jim

ronfry261

Thanks All. Yes, my wife was able to get all the animals out and the important stuff, pictures, etc... I was on the fireline for the first 2 days trying to protect other structures. This fire will have books written about it. The fire behavior has been impossible to predict. Mother Nature is just playing games with us. We are so much luckier than others, we have a place to stay and good insurance. We'll bounce back, you can be sure of that.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! It would be great if everyone in our country had your strength and positive attitude. Thank you for your sacrifice on the fireline. Sounds like you make your own path forward in life. I respect that.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that is sad to see. Thankful, everyone in your family is safe. I pray for no more loss of life, up there. I've never been through a fire of such overwhelming power and never want to be. One day, at a time and keep the positive going. God's speed

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good bye 211, . . . Goodluck Ronfry, If you need to drive a g749 before you get fixed back up with another, My 135 is here for ya.

Best Wishes,

Dave

mactiredearg

Sorry for you loss ronfry, but very glad it was restricted to materials...

I can't offer parking or storage since I'm over my limit.

But i know how hard it can be sometimes to move equipment so I can help out with ferrying OD iron to safe LZs. IE give rides back from safe LZ, drive a vehicle, etc.

If someone needs to move trucks due to the Colorado fires and needs an extra hand or a free taxi PM me.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks