• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Historical Responsibility?

rustystud

I would at least put a clear coat on it to prevent rust. The standard flat paint used by the military is horribly pourus . I always use a primer paint then a gloss paint then a flat paint over that now to prevent rust from bubbling up.

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Being in NY, and realizing what the salt does to our trucks, wondering if you plan to store it in the winters to hide it from the rust Monster? If not, then it won't much matter. In a few years it will be sacrificed anyways. If it was me, I would love a beautiful 1008 to do nothing but keep original. Most I've found were junk.

turnkey

You can always paint it with water base paint...change out mind and paint it again....Your truck ...do what you will.....I like spots myself.

GPrez

As many have said it's your truck do as you wish. Most on here whether they choose to admit it or not have done things to their trucks to enhance them though perhaps kept the visual appearance stock. I lifted mine 2", added a Gear Vendors overdrive, modernized the interior, put bigger feet on it, and made it an off road warrior. Did my enhancements make it worth less money? I doubt it. I believe it's worth more to most people.

nyoffroad

I painted mine a gloss tan for two reasons, that flat paint made it so hot I couldn't stand it day in day out and the snow grease dirt and bird crap stuck to it looked like crap. Now it just looks like desert tan until I wash it , then it shines!
I figure if you don't like it then don't look at it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks