• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

steelypip

That has always been one of my favourites!

The Vulcan video above reminded me of watching the real things flying around in my youth. Sometimes age has its advantages, we got to see a lot of cool stuff over the years. :)
One of my cherished memories is the time my dad took me to the exhibition day after bomb comp in the mid '80s. Among the numerous fun things was a flying exhibition by one of the visiting Vulcans. I was really chuffed when found out that there is still one flying Vulcan in the world.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hill AFB, UT - Air Show a number of years ago. I was really impressed he did this upside down, and that I actually captured a decent photo of it!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420257267.971766.jpg

Another Ahab

This is just a great video of an air show at the end of World War II.

Shots of a Dakota doing a low-pass glider grab, P-47 low passes, just 10 minutes of cool backed up with era correct tunes.
Great stuff, thanks plowboy!

An all-star cast including amazing collection of late-war last-gasp innovations of the German war machine.

Might have been the film speed or something, but I'm not sure there was anybody marching in-step during that parade review at the end.

Anybody know what that airframe is right at the beginning of the film (landing and taxiing):

- 4 engine number with a twin tail? Did Germany finally come up with a heavy bomber at the very end of the war?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That aircraft landing and taxiing at the beginning looks like a Junkers Ju-290. It's probably Ju-290 A-4 No. 165.

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

That aircraft landing and taxiing at the beginning looks like a Junkers Ju-290. It's probably Ju-290 A-4 No. 165.
Thank you sigo, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Never seen or even heard of these before.

Eastern Front or something? Did they ever see action!?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about some "BELOW Ground Level" flying....
Low Flyin' Fighter.jpg
And, while this isn't exactly a particularly low level formation, it is just above observable obstructions....

Blue Angels over Golden Gate Bridge.jpg
Now just to show of some civilian low level performance...
How is this for a 747-400 on approach to Hong Kong in 1998......

Boeing 747-400 on Approach - Hong Kong Kai Tak Int'l Airport 1998.jpg

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks