• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

NovacaineFix

Just another day in San Diego. The Marines must have been practicing maneuvers, 'cause I kept seeing the F-18's taking off in pairs heading up towards 29 Palms area and the C-130 (I think) doing touch and go's or several of them taking off, not sure. I didn't stick around to see if it was the same plane or not.

Sorry for the quality, I was a couple miles out from the tarmac on my cell, no big camera today.

20160304_135035.jpg068c9a24c570ca6c2cdbbc3fbd0b7741_i.jpg

Another Ahab

Dolgellau, Wales In the U.K.
Aye' mate, let's take a rip through Mach Loop in the driver's seat of a Typhoon. Descriptive narrative on every turn from the RAF. Searching "Mach Loop" nets a pile of crazy video.
The narrator mentioned flying through the "M-6 Pass" (or that's what it sounded like), and that would be a road, right; aren't the roads in the UK called the "M-this or that"?

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Another Ahab

The roads in Wales are labelled A so not sure what the M6 reference was about so good catch....learnin' to do
It's between 2:50 and 2:56, he says something about:

- "And through the M-6 Pass..."

Or at least that's what it sounds like he's saying. Who knows?

Both vids are good stuff. Thanks!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First low pass jet visit from Canada

It's been a long time since we backed Mutt up and posted some low flyers. As punishment, I'm starting over, from the beginning.

This article claims that this is the first visit to Andrews Airforce base by one of our first jets. May 31, 1950.

P3311510.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks