• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMW-v tires

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Boyce Equipment is selling HMMW-V tires for $175 a piece. Is this a decent price? I haven't seen much else online and the only base near me has none. Thanks.

Benaj

Go to trailworthyfab.com
$65-85 a piece for 90% tread.
Also has hummer rims and recentered ones.

I just bought 5 tires and 8 bolt rims shipped for $815.

Shipping was $250

2deuce

I was at an army installation that had stacks and stacks of Hmmwv tires, that were being shipped off somewhere, (I think he told me Kansas) to be scrapped. The tread was very good on the ones I saw but they may have had other problems. Maybe they are slipping through the cracks and thats how they come up so cheap that they pay you to take them. Where is rumor control?:mrgreen:

You know there is some truth in every rumor!

Matt65

As many have said they can be had for a lot cheaper. Two of mine would not hold air when I got them, but have worked great after being patched. This can help get the price down even more. Price is the main reason I went with this tire.

Last edited:

Benaj

My lead time was about a month but I ordered rims and tires which I assume takes longer. I would call them and talk to Andy and he can give you a better quote on timing.
The actual shipping is only 2-3 days since it is truck freight. They just moved to a new facility so that was part of why my order took so long.
I ordered the JFP tires which stand for Just F***ing Paint. there was some paint on the tread and some tan and black over spray on the tires but nothing too bad. I got them mounted Sunday and they all hold air and look good.
I am waiting on a new drive shaft so I haven't driven on them yet.

MudderMilitia

I ordered a set from trailworthy. 1 of the tires had a ton of tan paint on the sidewalls from when someone painted the hummer wheel while it was still mounted!! I was not happy with that, its now the spare so I dont have to look at it everyday

Sierra51

Check out Berg Tire in Fayetteville, NC....8 and 12 bolt rims along with tires....Berg Supply does DOD canvas work as well as custom canvas (vinyl) work also....good people to deal and work with....