• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV 2 Man M998 cargo cover question. Anyone ever do a chop top on the cargo?

MaverickH1

I've been considering this route as well. I always hated the look of the raised cargo covers, as well as the sail they make when in transit. But I've considered doing a chop job.

Now that I made a huge score of Humvee parts and it includes all of the cargo cover equipment... I might have to look into this in the future. The dogs might really love having that shade in the summer time. :grin:

Some great ideas in here!

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a tan HMMWV cargo cover in the bed of my LMTV when purchased. I'll let it go cheap if someone needs one for experimentation.

Rekdiver1

I did this a year ago, cut the troop bows down, then went to CAL RANCH and bought their OD green Canvas tarp. affixed it to the bows and this is what I ended up with. If I were to do it again I would get a shop to put velcro along the area where it could attach to the 2 man top. Also be aware that the rear cargo cover does not zip up and close if using the bows as a support. it is about 2 inches too wide. I liked the look. in other words if you try and use the rear cargo cover of the 4man later and use just 2 bows it is too wide between the bows for the factory 4 man cargo cover to work. if you keep the troop seats in and then add this cover and get it to velcro to the top and create that seal vs having a gap that is the way to go. Tarp was only $50 or so.

View attachment 630293View attachment 630294View attachment 630295View attachment 630296
I was curious what length you cut the cover tubes down to? Im thinking around 23” from the top arch to the bottom of each leg. Thanks for any insight!

DREDnot

I just held it flush with the top of the cab and scribed and cut to the line. Did all the bow cutting free hand eyeball because all the bows i used were bent ones. because of their compound shape and easily bent tubing you got to hand fit each one

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks