• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV 200 AMP Alternator and other question about roll bar

larrykap

Hi all. If this thread needs to be bumped somewhere else on site please do. I am upgrading the 60 AMP to the 200 24/12 Amp Alt and also got the 200 AMP upgrade kit. It looks a little confusing. If someone has detailed or simple instructions that would be awesome. Also, I am looking for the cargo area roll bar (I know there is a OEM one) I think may be part of slant back kit or separate, I saw one back on here a few years ago. I am installing the ALT next week so any help is appreciated.

Larry

Outfitters

The step by step installation instructions and schematic diagrams should have been included with the upgrade kit...just keep all the small parts organized and in the plastic bags until the are needed...the 200 amp alternator is very heavy and it is recommend to use a hoist to lower it in place (I also recommend having a friend operate the hoist and lower it into place while you try to get that 10 inch bolt through (very tight tolerances...).

Wire Fox

The step by step installation instructions and schematic diagrams should have been included with the upgrade kit...just keep all the small parts organized and in the plastic bags until the are needed...the 200 amp alternator is very heavy and it is recommend to use a hoist to lower it in place (I also recommend having a friend operate the hoist and lower it into place while you try to get that 10 inch bolt through (very tight tolerances...).
I literally just did this today, but without a hoist...but the entire time, I was thinking "Where's my *** ***** ********** piece of **** hoist when you need one!?" So, let me serve as proof that you can do it all without, but it wasn't fun. Not even a little. Now as for those instructions, they're pretty clear as you get going through it. I like to keep the parts packing list right by the spread of all the parts that came with the kit so I can go reference it to which part bag I need, then I keep the instructions and fold-out drawing near where I'm working. Pretty much read a paragraph section, observe the figure it references, and then put that together in reality. Pay attention to items marked as "Reuse," "discard," or "included" as that will help you know what parts you're needing to grab. As well, heed their "DO NOT TIGHTEN" warnings, as you'll want those parts to fit loosely until everything's together and you're then tensioning the belts near the end (just don't forget to go back and tighten them...it may help to read through the instructions again at the end and physically touch every nut/bolt it told you to not tighten earlier, in order to make sure you got them all.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks