• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV 80mph speedometer

lnwlf2k

I am looking for any information about the 80mph speedometer in a HMWV. All i could find in the TM's and online is the electronic one with the old style analog mileage indicator. I am in process of buying a vehicle that has the 80mph speedometer with a digital mileage indicator. Anyone have information on this digital mileage indicator, won't show mileage unless vehicle in the run position. Who knows might be off a different vehicle and just put into the HMMWV

Attachments

Awol

Looks like an aftermarket VDO.

The one thing that throws me off is it only goes to 80mph. Most aftermarket speedos start at 100mph.

Whatever it is, it looks good in there.

lnwlf2k

I thought aftermarket too, however it is directly off the auction block, no modifications has been done to it. It is a 2002 M1025A2, one of the GMV's floating around out there. So I am sure its factory well MIL upgrade. but won't know unless i tear it apart looking for a NSN number. I know there is an upgrade kit for the HMMWV to put in a digital 80mph speedometer, but the odometer on those is the old analog style, this one has me stumped.

lnwlf2k

well that is interesting, was leaning to mrap just could not find the parts tm for it, thanks for the information, guess the hmmwv is a one off with an mrap speedometer on it, that is pretty cool great how parts can be used across multiple vehicles

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks