• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV A2 Airlift Bumper Mud Flaps Kit: Junk Plastic Fillers Necessary?

Crapgame

8/10 of the Bay postings for the A2 Airlift Bumper Mud Flap Kits says the plastic filler pieces that fit between the bumper and the wheelhouse bottom edges are cracked or broken. Are these parts even necessary?

Any way to fix, they look like they are made form the polystyrene that can't be glued? Tape exterior with black Gorilla Tape?

Vs, what are the chances a pebble is launched between the bumper and wheelhouse then gets projected into somebody's windshield or motorcyclist's face shield?

No I'm not going to put chrome naked ladies mud flaps on the truck, I just want to be considerate of other drivers, I know I hated going through a windshield every 9-15months back in Colorado, from all the red decomposing granite falling all over the place being kicked up by car, truck and semi tires. I got lucky only once, the semi rock truck failed to cover his trailer after emptying, a rock came out the chute and shattered my GMC Yukon glass, took me about 2 weeks to trace the ICC # on the side but I finally got a replacement windshield from the trucking company.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks