• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV ABS?

Ajax MD

Is any model of military HMMWV equipped with ABS? If so, what year did it make its first appearance?

This is for research into clearing up Maryland's motor vehicle requirements. Many thanks.

Action

@Retiredwarhorses forgive my ignorance, but what are REV trucks? I understand the ECV.
Reliablility
Enhanced
Vehicle
serial numbers 300.000 and up
geared fan drive, 3-piece frame rails, Wilwood 4-piston brake calipers, water cooled transfer case and rear diff, plastic master cylinder reservoir, etc.
FWI, I had ABS until I retired.

Reactions: OBX

Ajax MD

Reliablility
Enhanced
Vehicle
serial numbers 300.000 and up
geared fan drive, 3-piece frame rails, Wilwood 4-piston brake calipers, water cooled transfer case and rear diff, plastic master cylinder reservoir, etc.
FWI, I had ABS until I retired.
Wow, no kidding? Major improvements. These are "Bouji" HMMWV's.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does the abs work on the new models?

Are there sensors/slip rings at each wheel or a brain box at the proportioning valve/splitter to master cyl?

Action

Find out how we can order this that the govt is ordering to upgrade trucks to ABS:

Find out how we can order this that the govt is ordering to upgrade trucks to ABS:

“To prevent vehicle rollovers”. Sounds like it will be a lot of stuff that will break. Electronic stability control ? Drivers should also read the operator’s manual...not rely on the vehicle to stop them from bad driving.

GTUnit

“To prevent vehicle rollovers”. Sounds like it will be a lot of stuff that will break. Electronic stability control ? Drivers should also read the operator’s manual...not rely on the vehicle to stop them from bad driving.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks