• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV ambulace body as a camper

shannondeese

I am building a bunch of HMMWVs and have a spare ambulance shell. Since I am bobing my deuce anyway I thought I would make it a camper shell on it. Has anyone done this yet. It is almost a perfect fit. I'll post a few pics as soon as I start to put it together.

lazyshisno

new guy...

I am looking for a 4 Litter ambulance body.. I want to do the same thing you are doing :) any Idea where I could find one ?

thanks much.

-Shisno-

peecook

i'm actually working on one right now. i am/was/maybe mounting it on a m200a1 trailer. the first issue is turning radius, hitting that back of the 109. i've thought about cutting the overhang off and then there is no issue, but it would be nice not to cut an try to smooth out the aluminum. i did google a few weeks ago and saw a pic with one mounted in a 101 or 105, i'll see if i can find it again and post. i have a m200a1, so i thought i would try to use it.

Wolf.Dose

Interseting idea to put a Hummer ambulance body on a Deuce. This will mean you have some space left on the platform that you are not falling dircetly out ouf the door if you miss the ladder. The four litter body sould comfortly accomodate at least 2 people.
Wolf