• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV and Civvy Trailer

hughscpa

Is there a way to wire a hmmwv for a 12v civvy trailer? The one I would be using is a xm1113, 1996. If so how. I would like to stay away from the converter boxes if at all possible. If not, I will make up some lights to attach to the trailer. Thanks.

hughscpa

I was also wanting to use the electric trailer brake or do you think that is just something that would not be needed? I don't expect to haul anything bigger than a hmmwv or pickup on it.

Chief_919

I was also wanting to use the electric trailer brake or do you think that is just something that would not be needed? I don't expect to haul anything bigger than a hmmwv or pickup on it.
Your maximum listed towing capacity is 4200, with brakes. No way I would tow trailer+vehicle with no brakes- and I would probably not tow that much with it.