• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Anyone?

moleary

I pm'ed the guy - I've got a friend in Ecuador and might be interested in the lot, seems like a reasonable investment. Even with the shipping back to the US if I can get 12 sold it would be worth bringing them back.

moleary

How you going to import them ?:roll:
Well, two should fit in each 40' container, so I am thinking of shipping them by ocean, its a LONG drive! :p

I am president of a supply chain management company and we have a NVOCC and Customs Brokerage division which should be of assistance in clearing any hurdles. The big issue that I would have to contend with would avoiding having them classified as road vehicles and repatriated US Military equipment.

Can't answer better than that until I do some legwork. Anyone got any insights?

EZFEED

Anyone got any insights?
Yeah.....good luck!

No but seriousley, if you can prove they were legitimatley purchased (not leased or still paying on them) by that countries official government or entity thereof and have been there for over 5 years then you are game.

moleary

This is a no-go. My customs folks dug into this and I don't think I will get them into the country without serious expense. The emissions and DOT issues will eat me alive. Looks like they're going to the Middle East.
:cry:

mikeyapproved

Sold cheap!

Well, an update for everyone who was drooling over these...

Sold to an oriental person, possible from China. Being dismantled as I print this post out.....

Here is the hard part....... Total lot sold for $15000:x Wish I had found out sooner!!

Oh well, that's what I get for not being a habitual forum reader!!

Oh, and it would have been very easy to get these into Canada.... just about no restrictions....:-(

Anyway, that's the way things go sometimes......

mikey

mikeyapproved

I hounded the guy and offered him $45K. I told him I could be there within 3 days cash in hand. never got a response, and i was relentless. So someone got a good deal

Make a person wonder if there was an "inside deal" going on eh??:-(

$682.00 each..... who would ever have dreamed.....:!:

Who were you talking to?? Which guy I mean??

Is is fairly easy to import something like a Humvee into Germany??

Mikey.

Munchies

I am overseas mil. I had the cash through a wealthy relative.

I would have probably sent them to canada and sold them off one by one. Maybe registered one in USAREUR, and used that, to register it in the states :p ;-)

I don't know if this was for real or not even.

Last edited:

mikeyapproved

Canada...

That might work...

In all the research I did on these, Canada does not care if the vehicles are at least 15 years old or older. Then they are very easy to bring in.

Need this:

Bill of Sale
Proof of year of manufacture.
Clean and free of all visible dirt and foilage
(Canadian Food and Plant dept in the Govt)
Container fumigation procedure, shipping company....
Provincial motor vehicle inspection.

But if a person imported them as "parts" , then repowered them, they could be registered in British Columbia as "Ubilt".... "2009 Humvee Ubilt" Still need an inspection...

If you ever have the need, zip me an email and I will give you addition details on this....:wink:

The Guy I was dealing with was Mr. Zambrano in Ecuador.... same guy as you??:?:

Mikey