• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Barstow recovery 6/25/2015

dmetalmiki

Well done, another one for the flock..Looks very tidy. It will look great once you get all the "kit" on it. Does it start run and drive?

TucsonVTXF

image3c.jpgimage1a.jpgimage2b.jpgimage7.jpgimage4.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage2d.jpgMade it home last night and today was cleaning day!!! green trucks were on hand in the storage area. image1r.jpg

Last edited:

DatGuyC

Is that an f150? I know with my dads f350 dually you could definitely tell the hummer was back there on the uhaul trailer. Looks like you have your work cut out for you haha

TucsonVTXF

Is that an f150? I know with my dads f350 dually you could definitely tell the hummer was back there on the uhaul trailer. Looks like you have your work cut out for you haha
It was there but nothing scary. 65-70 mph was the safe speed on the highway 55-60 off highway.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good....does it have the 24 bolt wheels on the right ?

Gunzy

Wow, a HMMWV on a U-Haul trailer. Not sure I would have done that. I hauled one on a 22ft flat bed roll back and could feel the weight on there.

smashcrashy

I was surprised about the uhaul trailer too, both width and weight bit I checked the uhaul site and it is all within spec. Weight max is 5290lb on the trailer.

cantex11

Assuming that this rig had been sitting for a few months, did it start right up or did you have to boost it?

It's awesome that one fit's on a uhaul trailer!

TucsonVTXF

Started up and drove it right on the trailer.... I will be moving the 24 bolt rims to my trailer and taking those 12 bolt rims and tires to the rh side of the hmmwv so they match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks