• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Budget Drive Axle Half Shaft

gottaluvit

Hello all. I haven't been on here in quite a while but I had to share this info to help out anyone in need of a front right drive axle for the M998. I assume that may be the same for the left rear but we all know what happens when we assume things. So check all that out first. Anyway, I got a guy here at our local NAPA in Barnesville, Ohio that said he loves challenges in finding parts. Well, he called me back in five minutes telling me he had found one. It is for a civilian H1, so it does have the ABS-ready gear-like thingy on it that the sensor uses to detect motion (or the lack thereof), but other than that it was a perfect fit! Nobody is ever going to notice the ABS sensor and I figured if they do I would just mention that the shaft was ABS ready. I dont like that it is made in China, but we all know how hard it is to get any car parts anymore made in U. S. A. This is only good for those on a tighter budget. If you have plenty to spend and want to keep the machine pure, maybe go ahead and get a military issued one off the bay or wherever. I am only posting this thread because I figure a lot of folks have felt this current hyperinflation we are dealing with. God bless you all. Hope I have helped someone. Brand is GSP, part number is NCV82075. Website is gspnorthamerica.com. Photo attached but part number typed so anyone searching can find it, even if not a member or signed in. I suppose pics aren't visible to non- members. IMG_20230731_164438588.jpg

gottaluvit

Hello all. I haven't been on here in quite a while but I had to share this info to help out anyone in need of a front right drive axle for the M998. I assume that may be the same for the left rear but we all know what happens when we assume things. So check all that out first. Anyway, I got a guy here at our local NAPA in Barnesville, Ohio that said he loves challenges in finding parts. Well, he called me back in five minutes telling me he had found one. It is for a civilian H1, so it does have the ABS-ready gear-like thingy on it that the sensor uses to detect motion (or the lack thereof), but other than that it was a perfect fit! Nobody is ever going to notice the ABS sensor and I figured if they do I would just mention that the shaft was ABS ready. I dont like that it is made in China, but we all know how hard it is to get any car parts anymore made in U. S. A. This is only good for those on a tighter budget. If you have plenty to spend and want to keep the machine pure, maybe go ahead and get a military issued one off the bay or wherever. I am only posting this thread because I figure a lot of folks have felt this current hyperinflation we are dealing with. God bless you all. Hope I have helped someone. Brand is GSP, part number is NCV82075. Website is gspnorthamerica.com. Photo attached but part number typed so anyone searching can find it, even if not a member or signed in. I suppose pics aren't visible to non- members. View attachment 902761
By the way, it cost $125!! I worked in a parts store just after the turn of century and twenty years ago rebuilt drive axles were mostly right at $100. So that's a really good deal. I believe this is new and not rebuilt as there was no core charge.

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can just knock off the ABS gear ring BTW... Tap Tap Tap (y)

As as I know any early model H1 halfshaft will fit HMMWV.. They will be 10k axles.. Upgrade Yeah !! I switch em as they fail.. Rebuilding 7k shafts arent worth it, nor very feasable with the pressed end.. Rockauto, Autozone, Partsgeek all carry em.. Let us know how it fares..

BTW Rockauto has that shaft I also used for $86.. ;) =$97 shipped

Keep in mind I have a parking lot queen, 3 spd that gets topped out at 45mph... FWIW

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks