• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Contact Truck Body Recovery

Chief_919

Picked up the contact truck body I won on a GSA sale today. Had to sit it kind of slanted on the trailer, but the frame was plenty strong to carry it like that. The folks at GSA were very helpful and easy to work with.

The body is complete, all the doors work, and there is very little damage. ****, one of the contact trucks still in use at my unit has a worse box.

The tools were about 90% there, much to my suprise, and like the came from the factory were mostly Mac. About 85% were MAC, 10% Snap-On, and the rest a mix. I found many of those that were missing in the pictures later in the wrong spots, so there is even more present than the pictures show.

The SST Welder is intact, just needs a 140 amp 12v alternator to power it. The MIG welder was removed but the left the MIG guns. The inverter is there, the compressor is there, the internal wiring is pretty much all there, The stick welding leads are there. No gas bottles, but the torches, lines and regulators are all there.

I was very pleasantly suprised how nice it was. I fully expected the Mac Torque wrenches, ratchets, sockets and the rest to be plifered- I bet if they were on a GL lot instead of GSA they would be long gone.

Even found the customs form inside- this is a real veteran.

Now I gotta figure out what to do. I was thinking of mounting it on a M116A2 trailer to make a tool trailer, but I have a hankering to get an M35, M211 or CUCV so I might sell it or trade it. Someone could mount this on a trailer or truck and make a living out of the back with a few additions!

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OMG that is nice! Hate to ask what that sold for. What is the box with the little fan next to the Hydravane compressor? Mine does not have that.

Chief_919

OMG that is nice! Hate to ask what that sold for. What is the box with the little fan next to the Hydravane compressor? Mine does not have that.
That is the inverter. The HMMWV contact trucks do not have a generator. The compressor and other 120v acessories run off of the inverter powered by 28V, and the welder is powered by a 140 amp 12v civilian alternator on the engine.

Chief_919

Woo-Hoo- yesterday I found a 24V impact in it!

I also pulled in to show it to a friend, who said " So your the #%&^%$^%^% who outbid me!". ooops :)

Chief_919