• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Cummins

onewoodsrider

Thinking of trying a conversion here. Anyone know of a 4 or 6 cyl cummins for sale local to WA ST. I might be getting in over my head here, hope you all dont mind if i ask for advice ( often) What would be a fair price you think for an engine as i have no idea and am completly new to the game.

Todd

wehring

Cummins

A running pullout 12 valve (no computer) can be had for 1500-2500. A 24valve (with computer) for ~3500.

Good luck. this will be a good build. I still kick myself for not buying the dodge/HMMWV build that was on here. Someone took a dodge pickup with a cummins and transplanted a HMMWV body on it. The strength of a Dana 60 front and Dana 80 rear with the looks of a HMMWV. Should have bought it...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

onewoodsrider

That sounds like a pretty cool project. I would like to see pictures of that build. I have read and look at a couple of deffernt post's on others build which is why i am stoked to try. The only difference is they all look like they know what they are doing lol. I dont have a clue! I am hoping i find some one in WA ST who can educate me lol.

wehring

No teacher like experience

The best way to learn is to jump in and make mistakes. Do your homework to make sure you don't waste money but as for the work... jump in and have fun. These vehicles are excellent projects because they are glorified tractors. THey are VERY easy to work on and have no computers to trip you up.

You may think about talking with any local trade schools or high school shop classes. This would be a good project for them because it will not cost them anything. It will also help you to learn. Just my .02

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

onewoodsrider

Justin,

I think your right, i am just going to jump in and go for it and work things out as i encounter them. I looked at it sitting by my shop the other day and i really need to start working on this summer. Is there a good source for parts on-line? Or is e-bay the way to go? I really dont want to have to get a second mortage to rebuild the rig lol.

Todd

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks