• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv demil code changed

TMOMW

after 5 years of fighting i was just able to force DLA to change the demil code of all unarmored HMMWVS. this has just started from C to Q6. this means that 10-20 THOUSAND hmmwvs that were to be crushed are now going to be released to donations (gsa excess) and then to the general public.. this has taken me 5 years, 3 trips to DC, countless meetings with congressional aids, a major investigation, and the GAO having to get involved. but as of right now the DLA has changed the demil codes and the crushing of many hmmwvs has stopped!!!!!!

i would like to thank everyone that has helped me, and i would like to call out the mvpa that has activly tried to stop this (mr clark). its great to have friends and sad when people in the hobby try to screw you over for personal issues that end up hurting the hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMOMW

after 5 years of fighting i was just able to force DLA to change the demil code of all unarmored HMMWVS. this has just started from C to Q6. this means that 10-20 THOUSAND hmmwvs that were to be crushed are now going to be released to donations (gsa excess) and then to the general public.. this has taken me 5 years, 3 trips to DC, countless meetings with congressional aids, a major investigation, and the GAO having to get involved. but as of right now the DLA has changed the demil codes and the crushing of many hmmwvs has stopped!!!!!!

i would like to thank everyone that has helped me, and i would like to call out the mvpa that has activly tried to stop this (mr clark). its great to have friends and sad when people in the hobby try to **** you over for personal issues that end up hurting the hobby.
1649099899686.png

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious as I do not know specifics but I thought all unarmored hmmwv's were ok to sell? Or is just the USMC that did their own thing with the later models.

What models will be realeased? Is this Army, USAF, and USN units?

TMOMW

Just curious as I do not know specifics but I thought all unarmored hmmwv's were ok to sell? Or is just the USMC that did their own thing with the later models.

What models will be realeased? Is this Army, USAF, and USN units?
USMC was doing there own thing through a loophole that the DLA was trying to close... and they are running out of vehicles they COULD sell.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet Gov Planet might have been a big supporter and I am not trying to take anything away from you effort and struggles. Maybe you might have some insight on that? I have 2 USMC trucks and I don’t really remember anything else being offered in a very long time. All branches have these but I don’t see very many being sold. I see a few Air Force items
I appreciate people that get involved and all of us can do more than sit on the sidelines and bitch!

TMOMW

I bet Gov Planet might have been a big supporter and I am not trying to take anything away from you effort and struggles. Maybe you might have some insight on that? I have 2 USMC trucks and I don’t really remember anything else being offered in a very long time. All branches have these but I don’t see very many being sold. I see a few Air Force items
I appreciate people that get involved and all of us can do more than sit on the sidelines and bitch!
i had meetings with the top VP of sales at there ft worth office about a year ago... the guy really hates the military and selling MVs... they wanted no part in anything i did. my friends were in sen inhofs office, they really got the ball rolling after i presented them my findings, and reports.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had meetings with the top VP of sales at there ft worth office about a year ago... the guy really hates the military and selling MVs... they wanted no part in anything i did. my friends were in sen inhofs office, they really got the ball rolling after i presented them my findings, and reports.
Sounds like VP needs to move on! Gov Planet needs to purge him from daily operations. I swear people work to get into those positions so they can force their Agenda on everyone else. They make so much money off of sales of MV’s

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks