• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Doors/ Tops

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated good "X" doors are a thousand plus each. They are getting that price so why sell them for less. Everything to do with these trucks is getting more and more expensive unfortunately. Good luck with your search.

Mark

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just posted in the other thread about doors from a place in Georgia. North Georgia Corvette. $2000 a set. I was trying to see if anyone has ordered from them.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the following thread top to bottom.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just posted in the other thread about doors from a place in Georgia. North Georgia Corvette. $2000 a set. I was trying to see if anyone has ordered from them.
Do you have a link, their website domain is now available on Godaddy and I do not see anything on their facebook page.
One thing I would say is I don't like the fact they molded the door trim around the door in fiberglass, may seem like a minor detail but I really think it detracts the appeal somewhat, it also looks like one could lose allot of skin on the inside hardware.
I have no experience with aftermarket doors but the West Kentucky ones look like the best fiberglass ones to me and look very close to original.

Last edited:

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a link, their website domain is now available on Godaddy and I do not see anything on their facebook page.
One thing I would say is I don't like the fact they molded the door trim around the door in fiberglass, may seem like a minor detail but I really think it detracts the appeal somewhat, it also looks like one could lose allot of skin on the inside hardware.
I have no experience with aftermarket doors but the West Kentucky ones look the best to me and look very close to original.
They only contact I had with them is on Facebook. His name is Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be very cautious on facebook (and everywhere else really) when browsing HMMWV parts as there are almost as many thieves as there are legitimate sellers.

If you don't know how to do an image search read up on it, as many of the thieves are using photos from Seco ad other legitimate sellers in their ads.

Avoid any seller that turns off commenting in their facebook ad - they're trying to prevent people from calling out their thievery.

Be careful whenever anyone contacts you offering HMMWV parts in response to a want-to-buy ad you post.

The thieves are relentless because they're successful.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was patient and I looked for a while. I was able to find 3 new rear doors and 2 front doors that were in really great condition. I believe I have 5,000 in 5 doors with shipping. I will probably sell my xtra rear door or look for 3 more. I didn’t feel comfortable with aftermarket doors and the only one that I heard good things about was the Kentucky Fried doors. Lol you type in Kentucky and next suggestion was fried.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be very cautious on facebook (and everywhere else really) when browsing HMMWV parts as there are almost as many thieves as there are legitimate sellers.

If you don't know how to do an image search read up on it, as many of the thieves are using photos from Seco ad other legitimate sellers in their ads.

Avoid any seller that turns off commenting in their facebook ad - they're trying to prevent people from calling out their thievery.

Be careful whenever anyone contacts you offering HMMWV parts in response to a want-to-buy ad you post.

The thieves are relentless because they're successful.
Also never go for the "friends and family" scam when using PayPal if they are legit they have an account that can accept payments for goods, at least then you have some protection.
EDIT, unless you know them personally.

GuntherRommel

The fiberglass doors are junk, after paint and sitting all summer out in the sun they developed small spider cracks that went all the way through the skin and all over the place

Last edited:

HumveeM1151

I first heard of that company while watching this youtube clip:
I saw the huge door gaps at the back of the rear doors, and was surprised that the guy who bought them wasn't upset about it.
I sent an email with that clip to North Georgia Corvette asking if they indeed made Humvee doors. Their website says nothing about doing so. The owner said yes, that he made the doors and to call him tomorrow. I said I wasn't comfortable buying from a company that doesn't advertise their product at all, and that he needs to advertise his doors so that people know he sells them, and reviews can be posted. He never emailed me back.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t remember exactly when I was fitting my x-doors. I believe that the soft top c-pillar is at a different angle than the hardtop. I think that’s the gap that you are talking about. I hated the fit of my military x-doors with the soft top that I never used them. I bought a m1165 hardtop and I will use them on it.

Autonomy_Lost

West Kentucky Surplus , they came white. Painted with Rapco paint cut with xylene thinner
I have some quality issues with mine, but not that. I painted with a 2-part epoxy primer and then CARC. So far so good.

I know that fiberglass can be very challenging to paint, I don't think you can paint right on top of the gelcoat without a specialty primer.

GuntherRommel

If I remember right I think we just scuff sanded it and no primer, just 2 heavy coats green and then camo with a hvlp gun. It sold and no complaints yet but glad its gone.