• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Electrical Connectors - Bullet Style

MaverickH1

I'm talking about these style connectors on the left:

_DSC9506__62476.1444926063.1280.1280.jpg

1) What is the actual name of them?
2) Are they superior in any way to other typical automotive bullet connectors?
3) Where can I find them?
4) What tools are needed to make them properly.
5) Any amperage limits on this style connector?

When I get the HMMWV, I'll be making a few electrical modifications and I'd like to stick to the standard HMMWV wiring if it is superior in any way.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thoze are packard connectors. The best tool to rimp them is a Daniels crimper. Model is AF8. They are nice but so are weatherpack connectors.

Action

I wanted some to hook up fog lights. I found it cheaper/easier to buy an entire NOS military body harness for another vehicle. It was like $30 and had male and female as well as other connectors. And, they have lengths of wire already attached.

BLK HMMWV

Just a FYI. Do yourself a favor and use a little dielectric grease on the outside of the female Packard connector before you go to put them together .
It will make taking them apart easier years later.

MaverickH1

Thank you, everyone!

Thoze are packard connectors. The best tool to rimp them is a Daniels crimper. Model is AF8. They are nice but so are weatherpack connectors.
I was very determined to get the right tool... and then saw a $300 price tag on it and nearly fell out of my chair. Good gosh! Is it worth THAT much?

I'll probably crimp and solder these connections, so it might not be that critical to spend all of that $$.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks