• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV for Texas FDs

SEAFIRE

Just passing along some information.

If you are a Texas FD, VFD, county or City agency, LEO, etc. And you get a HMMWV from the Texas Facility Commission Yards/DRMO in San Antonio or Fort Worth, you can get them titled in Texas for the road.

We've been thinking of getting one for a "light" brush rig, BUT we weren't sure we could title it. A short trip to the SA yard answered the question. They have 30 or so HMMWV's there, most priced at $3000.
IF you are in a flood disaster County, you get 20% off anything there, so $2400, which is a steal for a Volunteer Fire Department on a budget looking for a cheap 4x4.

Some were in excellent shape, others were "ratty". It seemed like most of the ones in excellent/like new shape had issues; overheating, wouldn't turn over, elect issues, etc. hard tops/doors, soft tops/doors, some even had A/C.

You have to be an approved agency ( its easy to do ) and agree to keep any vehicles you get there for at least a year.

They don't have any spare parts/tires in stock yet like they do for the Deuces, 5-tons, etc. But they should soon.

I know they have Public Auctions 3-4 times a year and sell the stuff to the public if it is still in the yard after a year.

My Teenage son driving one of the ones we looked at around the yard;

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434939505.627625.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434939528.439094.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434939551.005818.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks