• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Frame Color

nattieleather

Hello all,

What color is the HMMWV color from the factory...i.e. brand new rolling out of the factory.

Is it CARC Green, Flat black or Satin Black?

Thanks
Joe

Tnrobocop

Flat black CARC is all I have ever seen in over 20 yrs of service. We have three on the base that I will look at next time I get a chance but I am 99% sure they are black also even though the bodies are green. They are 2005 models.

Wolf.Dose

Hey you all,
the question was about black or satin black. They are satin black, not gloss black!
If you work on the chassis, use mouth protection, for the carcc stuff is anything but good for your health.
Repainting it after sanding use a civilian epoxy primer with high quality rust inhibitor and a cyvilian satin color. Ask your paint shop for advice of non toxic colours. But do not use the water based stuff, it makes no quality painting on our MV frames. Colours you have to mix with a hardener are the better stuff normally.
Wolf

slash79

all the ones that i have worked on were either a gloss black or flat black. we have some trucks that are so bastardized its hard to tell what they are.

ClarkeF

Gloss black for most of the Hummer frames. Flat black CARC for the HMMWV francs. Early 92 and 93 Hummers were flat black I believe - although I don't know if they were CARC.

all the ones that i have worked on were either a gloss black or flat black. we have some trucks that are so bastardized its hard to tell what they are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks