• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv Fuel Issue after IP replacement

RayGunSlayer

Well guys I have some good news! The injection pump timing was definitely off, talking about with the mark on top of the pump. I adjusted it to try to match what my old pump looked like as far as how it was lined up with the timing mark. It worked perfectly after that! I haven’t turned the fuel back down just yet but I plan on doing that here soon just because I don’t want to have to worry about my EGT’s. Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate the help

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well guys I have some good news! The injection pump timing was definitely off, talking about with the mark on top of the pump. I adjusted it to try to match what my old pump looked like as far as how it was lined up with the timing mark. It worked perfectly after that! I haven’t turned the fuel back down just yet but I plan on doing that here soon just because I don’t want to have to worry about my EGT’s. Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate the help
THANKS for the follow up, wished everyone would do this!! THANKS again.

Thumper580

Late question, but.... on the original pump were the lines on the IP and harmonic balancer lined up even?
With the new IP pump mounted would you say that the IP mark was towards the drivers side or passengers side of the mark on the harmonic balancer.
I'm curious because the mark on my IP is about 3/16" towards the passenger side of mark on the harmonic balancer, which is retarded. I was thinking of moving the IP so that both marks line up and see how it drives. thanks, Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks