• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Fuel Issue

corbinenoble

Was hoping to possibly get a bit of insight from anyone who has possibly dealt with the same issue before and knows these trucks well enough to point me in the right direction. I’m pretty mechanically inclined but am new to the HMMWV. I currently own a 2009 M1123 which has been a great reliable truck until recent. Ive recently had an issue starting the truck after it has sat for a week. The truck will start up strong and run for roughly 5 seconds before the engine revs up for about a second or two then dies. I then have to crank the truck over for roughly 10 seconds before it’ll start again and run without issue. I could be way off but this seems like a fuel delivery issue and am just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem. I appreciate any help!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1123 was perfect and then it suddenly developed a condition when I gave it any pedal on cold start it would die. I ran some Diesel Kleen in maximum strength and it was amazing after a few hours

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was hoping to possibly get a bit of insight from anyone who has possibly dealt with the same issue before and knows these trucks well enough to point me in the right direction. I’m pretty mechanically inclined but am new to the HMMWV. I currently own a 2009 M1123 which has been a great reliable truck until recent. Ive recently had an issue starting the truck after it has sat for a week. The truck will start up strong and run for roughly 5 seconds before the engine revs up for about a second or two then dies. I then have to crank the truck over for roughly 10 seconds before it’ll start again and run without issue. I could be way off but this seems like a fuel delivery issue and am just curious if anyone else has had a similar problem. I appreciate any help!
Have you removed the fuel filter housing from the firewall, cleaned and replaced the filter and water separator????

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The check valve in the return fitting on top of the IP has some trash in it allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank while sitting for a long time.
Remove the rubber return line, then the fitting and inspect for trash, make sure no trash gets into the IP, it should have a glass ball in it so light should shine through
OR you have a leak in one of the rubber lines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks