• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV h1 6.5 non turbo crank wont start

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't tell if the water is blowing out of the intake port or the exhaust port (the small port in the middle of the head is connected to the exhaust) ether way it is not good.
I would do a compression test after securing a set of intake port covers, if anything gets into those ports it's bad news.
If the right side has good compression I would pull the left head, it could just be a blown head gasket, but could also be a busted head or cylinder wall
You never said if you had any water in the oil or elevated oil level, it is difficult to try and help if you don't answer questions.
Kent Moore J-29664-1 evidently hard to come by now.

Attachments

Last edited:

manny49

I can't tell if the water is blowing out of the intake port or the exhaust port (the small port in the middle of the head is connected to the exhaust) ether way it is not good.
I would do a compression test after securing a set of intake port covers, if anything gets into those ports it's bad news.
If the right side has good compression I would pull the left head, it could just be a blown head gasket, but could also be a busted head or cylinder wall
You never said if you had any water in the oil or elevated oil level, it is difficult to try and help if you don't answer questions.
Kent Moore J-29664-1 evidently hard to come by now.
I did compression test on cylinder 7 and 8, it was around 180psi for both. Saw water blowing out of the #5 intake valve. Glow plug is seized on the same cylinder it’s blowing water out of the intake port. Oil level is high but no sign of water.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be reading around 300-320 psi. so that's not good, you may have got it hot enough to collapse the rings.
Lots of folks would say "i would have noticed before it got that bad" but in reality humans are actually very poor at monitoring engine parameters.
There is likely water in the oil but because it will not run it just has not been mixed enough to see yet.
I would pull the heads just to have a look see but likely this is a probably a candidate for a take out replacement engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks