• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Hardtop Roof Installation Pictures

GMVguy

Has anyone documented the installation of a hardtop roof on a HMMWV? I am in the process now, and having some trouble with a few things. Specifically with attaching the C-Pillar to a truck that's never had the holes drilled. The TM's are great, but don't cover it all. Any pictures or instructions would be much appreciated!

GMVguy

C pillar. You mean the support bar from the sponsons? Are you trying to make a soft top c pillar work on a hard roof?
Yes, the C-pillar support bar and brackets out of the sponsons (I'm doing a GMV). And no, I'm not using any soft top components. I have all the right parts. I got an answer on the mounting of the C Pillar components from a friend (by doing a mock-up so the holes get drilled in the right place), so I think I'm good there.

My my main question is whether anyone out there has done some progress photos as they've installed a hardtop roof, turret, or slantback Kit, etc.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks