• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Hauler

NV555

Well I would like to thank everyone who played "Name the Trailer"

So I'm still looking for a Hauler for my HMMWV.

A guy wants to sell this to me at a really good price. It is under the projected GVR of a HMMWV however seems very solid. Any feed back? I'm not at crunch time yet still waiting on the ECU. I would just pay for shipping however I think I'm going to have to make several moves in the next 6 months across the state. Also I have a Ram 2500 with a Cummins 6.7 so no problem hauling this load.

Thank you!

0716161239.jpg0716161249b.jpg0716161249.jpg0716161248.jpg

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say just rent a trailer for now until you find the right one. That trailer looks like it has five lug wheels and probably won't handle the weight well. If it was me I would keep looking.

NV555

Yes it is marginal. I see a lot of haulers and trailers here in Las Vegas however people want to hang onto them. Also it seems people have smaller toys here. Like one in 30 over 96 inches wide, and 10K GVWR.

I was in Iowa last week wow the options were great, however Southwest Airlines only allows 2 bags free up to 50 pounds :)

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
An 84in wide trailer works just fine...it's a squeeze, but it fits....if it's a deck over even better.
been hauling on my CH60 for 15yrs. It's not a deck over and is 84inches.
Good tires is key to successful haul...

NV555

Not sure what your budget is but I looked on cl and there is a brand new 20 foot flatbed with a 12,000 gvwr for $3,750 in your neck of the woods.
I saw that one and it is within range. For several reasons that we can not discus on the forum I'm going to have to move it back and forth to CA to NV at least once maybe twice. Also I might have to be moving the entire show up past the Reno area. So I would be looking at renting 4 times in several months which I'm better off buying just on the HMMWV. Also have some POV's to move as well.

Also like most on here I'm already looking for my next Sand camo machine! which I should be looking for a 32 foot goose neck and 18 GVWR lol.

Action

also, the m998 is only 5,000 - 6,000 pounds. If your humvee GVWR is 10,300#, that means you can carry stuff so that the truck and the cargo weigh up to 10,300#. Not that your trailer has to carry 10,000#. It sure doen't hurt to be stronger, though.

NV555

also, the m998 is only 5,000 - 6,000 pounds. If your humvee GVWR is 10,300#, that means you can carry stuff so that the truck and the cargo weigh up to 10,300#. Not that your trailer has to carry 10,000#. It sure doen't hurt to be stronger, though.
I was going off Geo Planet data sheet of 7,700. Thank you!

Bobert

I know you said you were just in Iowa. Here you can buy a brand new H&H 18ft car hauler for about $2200. Or you can buy a 10 year old one on craigslist for $2000-$2500. I have no idea why.

They are a good good investment.

The one I used was 82" between the fenders. It squeezed in.

Last edited:

NV555

I know you said you were just in Iowa. Here you can buy a brand new H&H 18ft car hauler for about $2200. Or you can buy a 10 year old one on craigslist for $2000-$2500. I have no idea why.

They are a good good investment.

The one I used was 82" between the fenders. It squeezed in.
Yes it must be a mid west thing? Just not of HD ones out here for some reason. I have been seriously been looking for the last 45 days!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a PJ Trailers "BUggy Hauler" for mine. Its 108", and has drive over low-pro fenders. 12K GVW
PJ'S are excellent trailers.

But since he's hauling 2 hmmwvs I think he'll want something a little heavier than 12k.

BigTex 14GN 20+5' has two 7k axles and is available new for under $6k. I'm not sure 20+5 is long enough for him though. The same trailer is available in longer lengths. I'm sure PJ makes an equivalent trailer, and just as high quality or better.

With the oilfield doing what it is, there's lots of heavy gooseneck trailers coming up for auction in TX and OK. It may be worthwhile to look at these. Just like with auction MVs, you should anticipate a certain amount of immediate maintenance - tires and bearings. It may be worth his trouble to get one where they're cheap and offset his retrieval costs by moving some stuff back towards NV....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks