• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv heater core

TurboTarver

I found a solution for Any of you guys needing a replacement heater core and not wanting to pay through the nose for one. The heater core for a 1965-1967 mustang without a/c is almost an exact size match ( about a 1/4 inch longer) and it's 25.00 from auto zone. You can massage the box with a hammer and it slides in no problem. Just be sure to massage the side that 's hidden when bolted in. The hmmwv core has really long tubes, the mustang ones are short, but exit the core in the same spot. you can cut you tubes off and have them put on the new core or just get somw 5/8 heater hose and run from the core to the hard lines.

olewhiskey

Brilliant ! Thank you, it always amazing me how ingenious members can be on this board. I have to put in soon and this solves my dilemma. Regards

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks