• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV helmet / turtle top

818 Test Pilot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at Letterkenny Army Depot yesterday picking up some trailers for our Sheriff's Office thru the LESO program. I saw a couple of hard top HMMWVs there and wanted to know what they were used for. I searched and found that it was a kit that could be ordered thru supply to convert soft tops but I just wondered if there was a specific use besides being drier and warmer than a soft top. First two pics are ones I saw yesterday, the last is one I found on a image search.
OIF1 no armor no doors no roofs. very easy to figure out who's shootn at ya by the sounds and where they are coming from. 4 troops in hummer are able to handle themselves with all the angles to shoot from. somebody important somewhere ordered those turtle tops the day we were leaving to go back home. (thank goodness) your a sitting duck in one of those and inside it was 2x whatever the outside temp was, no a/c in OIF1 What it comes down to is if your happy with what you need your rig to do then there you go

Attachments

gunsgreg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMWWV Top

Top 1.jpgTop 4.jpgTop 3.jpgTop 2.jpg

$750 located in Fort Smith, Arkansas 72908. If I have to somehow get it ready to ship like crating or palletizing we will need to agree on cost because of size this thing is pretty big.

I would call overall condition good with no cracks but needs a good washing and coat of fresh OD.

And bring wasp spray!!!

Last edited:

rhinob

So I pulled the trigger on an ATTBAR as I preferred the lower profile. Here are a few photos of it installed. Did not require a different windshield, but did require the C-channel removed which was counter to the directions.

Attachments

Last edited:

rhinob

Can I ask where you found the ATTBAR?
Was the price decent?
I found it on the 'Bay' where it was only on there for about 24 hours. Put down my deposit and launched to pick it up 2 weeks later (seller was delayed in his availability). It was more than the current 'Bay' price on a helmet top (which is on there now), and less than Eastern's. I much prefer the lower profile and have first-hand info that they would sit on top with lawn chairs and sat gear in Iraq. Plenty durable for my use and relatively rare and unique. I'm happy. :)

Attachments

rookie

Yes indeed they are very cool tops I'm taking the side tool boxes out and installing Windows on mine to get more light and breeze.also putting a rear window in the back for visibility I'm building a truck right with it on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks