• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV HighBack Seats

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my upgrade driver seat installed today. The air chisel was definitely the way to go, I knocked all the rivet head off in less than 5 minutes with the exception of three outboard rivets that cannot be accessed from underneath, they are installed between panels during assembly, IF I had a long shank chisel for my air gun it would have been no problem, it is too narrow to get in there with a standard air chisel, SO I modified a cheap pry-bar like this one.
IMG_20210507_152547373_HDR.jpg By grinding the top side to a chisel point, the angle of the head was perfect, to get in there and cut the rivets.
One of the only things I would add to RWH's very good posts was to make sure you mount the front bracket far enough back to allow re-installation of the bar to hold down the floor mat, you will need to cut the mat back some.
IMG_20210507_150635112.jpg
You will need to drive out the 4 rivets going to the outside of the body so you can gently start prying up the old seat frame from the outside in.
Easy pleasy, only took about 3.5HRS for my old fat lazy butt to get it done, I did get assistance from the XYL to install the bracket screws.
IMG_20210507_151858852.jpg
IMG_20210507_150601076.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks